TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Novocaine9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,076, Level: 11 Points: 6,076, Level: 11 Points: 6,076, Level: 11

Arrow Anxiety and Psychosis - September 5th 2014, 02:23 PM

Hello, so I am currently having trouble with my anxiety. I went to the doctor yesterday and she prescribed me anxiety pills. I admit it worked at first but now I am currently having an anxiety episode. To make it worse I'm hearing voices as well. I have these episodes all the time in school and it's horrible. Please help me.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Anxiety and Psychosis - September 5th 2014, 06:12 PM

Hi There.

I am glad that you spoke to your doctor about your anxiety and that she prescribed you medication.
You mentioned that you were prescribed medication yesterday. It takes time for medications to work and they usually have side-effects that subside after about four to six weeks.
It sounds like you were experiencing psychosis before receiving medication.
It could be helpful for you to keep a log of your symptoms of your medication and when they occur so you can see how often and so that you can tell your doctor at your next appointment if things do not change.
Keeping her updated on how you are doing/if the medication is helping.
I hope this is helpful and makes sense to you.
If you would like someone to talk to you can PM me and I will be glad to help.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14

Re: Anxiety and Psychosis - September 6th 2014, 02:28 AM

Hey there

Sorry to hear about your anxiety and I know how scary it is to have psychosis! I wish it never existed. But you HAVE to tell your doctor about this! Cause (what I experience) some can make the psychosis worse. you can take to counteract it and could stop them as well! But she needs to know to help you get better.

And like said above it takes time (4-6 weeks usually) to get them to its full effect it might work for some... It might not for others... And its completely normal if it doesn't work the first or second try! Don't worry if they don't work cause there is A LOT of them and there will be one for you!

Please be honest about your doctor and they will help you to the best of their ability! I know its really scary to have these things but it gets better feel free to PM/VM me anytime
Closed Thread