TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f39-religion-spirituality-science-philosophy/)
-   -   Religion (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f39-religion-spirituality-science-philosophy/t79637-religion/)

AngelOfTheFallen July 19th 2011 05:49 PM

Religion

Religion is something that's REALLY been stressing me out lately. I'm a Christian and I've always been terrified of dying because everyone is saying different things and different beliefs all within one religion and some say if you don't believe the EXACT correct thing then you go to hell but with so many beliefs in Christianity alone, how am I supposed to know the RIGHT one?! And I'm just so scared of going to hell especially with my mum shoving it down my throat. I also hate everyone on the planet and wish everyone would die a gruesome death ad screwed up thoughts likt that DO NOT help! I dunno what to believe or what to think anymore because my ENTIRE mind has basically been purposely shoved up too far for my age and all this cramming into my teenage mind is making me ill! My mind is still in the growing stage but it seems like a very painful growth.

TheBabyEater July 19th 2011 11:23 PM

Re: Religion

Honestly? Screw what everyone else thinks, does, or tells you what to do and believe. You are your own person, be it on your own.

AngelOfTheFallen July 20th 2011 07:06 AM

Thanks...I guess...

TheWhiteTornado July 20th 2011 07:40 AM

This is my rationale to it (and I'm not demanding you believe the same, just offering my own personal belief):
If god is forgiving and all-loving and whatnot, wouldn't he be rather lenient with letting people into heaven so long as they're good intentioned?
and
I don't see why he'd be pissed if you were trying to worship him, even if it was the 'wrong' way. I don't see why a Christian god would be wrathful against Muslims or Jews for trying to worship him in a different way (even if it was supposedly wrong), or vice versa. (In no way am I trying to promote one religion over another, I'm just offering examples).

Coffee. July 20th 2011 07:54 AM

As somebody who is not a Christian, I have no fear of heaven or hell. However, if you are a Christian, I would just be the best Christian you can be. In theory, God is forgiving. You will make mistakes, and I believe he is supposed to forgive you.
However, I do not know a whole lot. I'm not a Christian, and I've only been to church services for funerals. But in those funerals, they thought of death as a passage. I would not fear death. If you have done what you are supposed to do in life, you have nothing to lose. Just live life to the fullest.
PM me if you need to talk, I'm here. :hug:

AngelOfTheFallen July 20th 2011 03:46 PM

Thanks, all of you thank you :D

PSY July 20th 2011 04:54 PM

I am a Christian, and I went through a similar phase when I was younger. So have most of my friends. You rely on faith when you're a Christian. You could be wrong... but you believe you are right, based on what you have read in the Bible and what you have witnessed in your own life. One should choose a religion based on their own convictions, and not base it on what their family members and friends are pushing for.

Ambedo. July 20th 2011 08:58 PM

I am a Christian, but I definitely still struggle with moments where I don't behave like one. The thing is . . your relationship with God isn't defined by anyone else. It's between you and God. Continue to read His Word, continue to pray, continue to fellowship. Don't pay attention to the way people tell you to live. Look to God's Word for advice on the paths to take in your life.
PM/VM me if you want to talk or if you have questions. :)