TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Screwed over at work - June 30th 2015, 02:18 AM

Alright, so this has happened before. I work at a convenience store/coffee shop at my university, and I was at cashier a few days ago. Anyway, I counted all the money right, and Im absolutely positive because I double checked (Ive been off by a couple dollars before, and one time I let someone else do it and they screwed up). I counted it right, and I even said to my coworker, "Hey, I didn't mess up!" but they're saying I was 50 dollars short. What do I do about this, besides stay the hell away from the register in the future?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Points: 12,303, Level: 16 Points: 12,303, Level: 16 Points: 12,303, Level: 16

Re: Screwed over at work - July 1st 2015, 06:54 AM

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I can say I honestly know how you are feeling right now. I had a co-worker I worked with and on my first day I'm positive she set me up to be short on lottery and cash. Also it happened at a job before that, the best thing you can do is talk your boss if you feel you're being set up or wronged. Also just be on your p's and q's with your money. I personally do not like letting anyone else use my drawer for that reason. I hope this helps! Hang in there it'll get better.

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Screwed over at work - July 1st 2015, 06:19 PM

What are the planning to do about it? If you were $50 off, and you let them know it must have been a mistake because you counted and double checked, then what's the big deal? If this isn't a recurring issue, then they aren't likely to do a lot about it. I know $50 seems like a big deal, but if you talk to them and promise you have no idea why it's not there and offer to help find it (e.g. was the cash ever out of your sight, was it possible someone stole it? Is it possible that you did miscount it?)

Things like this happen with cash registers and a lot of places have a margin of error. By the sounds of it, $50 is outside of the margin of error, but still... I am sure it can be explained and that you should just be extra careful in the future.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
Closed Thread