TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Freakburst Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,751, Level: 7 Points: 2,751, Level: 7 Points: 2,751, Level: 7

I want to quit my school - May 21st 2018, 10:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I am from India and its my last year of high school.
I was a bright and intelligent student till last year, but now things have changed.
I want to become a 3d graphics designer and I have won several contests on 3d designing, even I am just 16yrs old and and I have scored 3rd position in a contest which had professional graphic designers. I am also currently earning from it as I sell my 3d models online and I can easily make a full time income from it. So the problem is that I cant focus on school any more. I want to quit my school and just pursue 3d designing.
This month I had a contest on graphic designing and I scored 4th position on it also won a cash prize of $300. So this month I couldn't focus on my studies and on my monthly test I got really low marks. My parents don't know my marks till now but this weak they will be aware of it in the Parent's Teacher Meeting and I am sure that they are going to shut my computer for this whole year.
The problem with them is that they never understand that I can d a lot in 3d designing. They are always like stop whatever you are doing and study properly, you have to score 90% marks an dither stuff.
I just feel like to quit everything and get rid of this life where I cant even follow my dreams.
I mostly spend whole In my room alone. I don't talk with much people. I don't have much friends. This adds more to my depression. I have to go according to my parents which I hate.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Points: 10,154, Level: 14 Points: 10,154, Level: 14 Points: 10,154, Level: 14

Re: I want to quit my school - May 21st 2018, 02:16 PM

Hi!

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I don't happen to have unsupporting parents so I can't really speak for your situation.

All I know is that each and every one of us are resilient. If you know exactly you have a dream to chase, don't give up on it. Never.

I see that you are a graphic designer, and I believe you do acquire some analytical skills that is required in your work. I know this sounds very strange, but it's good to try to be a bit more analytical when you ponder about your life:

"What can I do to be more efficient in getting rid the "things that people tell me to do", so that I can have more time for my hobbies and dreams I wish to pursue?"

Keep thinking about it and trust me, it will work out eventually.

Also, I would like to tell you that I hope that you realize that you don't have to be perfect in your exams. You should give everything your best to try them, not because it's for your parents sake, but you should try your best to live your life to the fullest. (And you will be more efficient in this way as well!)

But please do not mix up their expectations with your feelings, you don't have to feel bad about the exams just because they are not satisfied. You don't have to live to their expectations. Make it very clear that you are doing great things that is very dear to you, and yet make a promise that you will try your best in your exams with the time you have, only after you had attended to your hobbies.

If you ever think that you tried your best in the situation and you can't do better, stop that thought immidiately. That feeling of helplessness will lead you directly to depression.

You can always ask us for more help, and we will try to give you some advice on how to fix this problem.

You see, as for me who is still suffering from depression, even I understand a key fact:

"I will try my best to help you as much as I can. If my words can't help you, I am very sorry about it. But I will not blame myself for not able to help you more, as long as I am sure I gave my best response here, I will not regret posting this."

This is easy to understand as a statement, but it take me years of effort to really stop hating myself a lot (even if I am still not perfect from this), but I am sure if I try harder and not give up, I will be able to get better.

So do you.

PS: If you are capable of logical thinking, please rely on it during your worse/loneliest times. Your "logical self" is logical enough not to have any prejudice or hate towards anyone including yourself, then you can analyze and think how to help yourself in a better way. Talk to yourself!

PS2: I don't talk to many people, and also almost in my room all the time except eating meals. So I understand this as well. But I choose to stay in this way so that I can work towards my goal so I don't particularly feel very bad about it, though of course I would like to have some listening ear from time to time too! So I think it will help a bit if you take some time occasionally to talk to people online? There is a difference between working by yourself in a distance, and being lonely from the solitude, the latter is a sign that you need to do something about your surroundings!

I sincerely wish you well, as I can see a bright future in you and I will be sad to see you not working your potential at your best! Stay positive.

Ivan.

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.

Last edited by Thinking; May 21st 2018 at 05:47 PM.
Closed Thread