TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59

Insecurities at work - July 3rd 2021, 07:17 PM

How do you not beat yourself up for making mistakes at work? Either due to my meds/mental health/chronic illnesses causing brain fog, or just because I don't even know, I have been making a lot of silly mistakes and of course worrying about them causes me to make more. How do you deal with that stress?

Also, I sweat a lot. I mean, A LOT. It's a combination of my medication, being heat sensitive in general, and genetics (my mom's the same way). I can't do anything about the medication issue either because I sooo am not going off my meds. The problem is that it's my hair, face, and neck that sweat a lot, to the point I drip sometimes. My coworkers point it out and it's so humiliating because I know it's super noticeable and it feels unprofessional when I'm working with people. I know you can't make me stop sweating, but do you have any ways to at least deal with it in the workplace?

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Insecurities at work - July 4th 2021, 08:04 PM

One of the things that helps me is to remind myself of the good things I did that day, week or month at work. We focus so much on the mistakes we make that it's easy to forget the positives. Sometimes I even right the positives down or talk to my husband about them.

I still struggling with some insecurities but this is one thing that helps.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Insecurities at work - July 4th 2021, 10:18 PM

My biggest insecurity is that I'm never good enough for my clients. That other PTs are doing a far better job. Then I remind myself that we're all pretty crap at something. One of my clients literally records himself doing workouts, posts them on Instagram, and then gets his clients doing the exact same thing. Another claims he's going to 'get shredded' but then ends up having to hire another PT to do it because he doesn't bother putting effort into do it properly... or likely doesn't actually know how.

Whenever I teach classes I always worry if gym members enjoyed the class. Sometimes they can be quite repetitive in the way that I do them, but the exercises themselves are always different, and my cycle routine is different every single week. But I always worry I'm not doing a good job and they won't want to come back. I mean, they do. My classes on Monday especially are always fully booked, but sometimes I just think people just turn up because they want to purge themselves of that weekend binge or just want exercise.

Whenever these sorts of things happen, I remind myself that I always ask for feedback, and if nobody says anything, then I'm doing pretty ok.

In relation to your issues with sweating, you could consider getting a metal water bottle and putting ice cubes inside it. I've also read that putting something cool on the wrists can help lower body temperature... but I'm not too sure how reliable that one is.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59

Re: Insecurities at work - July 4th 2021, 11:11 PM

I've heard of the cool on the wrists things as well but for some reason always forget to try it. I have a water bottle though, just nothing to make ice cubes with I do have those fake ice cubes though that uou can reuse.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread