TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology, Gamers and Gadgets This forum is for discussions about your games, technology, the latest apps or cool gadgets

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

iPhone viruses? - November 24th 2021, 09:42 PM

okay so the other day I was on google and was just like looking something up for college, I clicked a website and was scrolling through when a pop-up came up saying I had 70 different viruses on my phone... I immediately close the page and closed down my safari browser and disconnected my internet connection on my phone for a few minuets. my phone has been working fine since etc and I've since googled and it says viruses on iPhones are very rare and is not something to worry about, but today after a few days since the pop up came up, I was using outlook, and it kept underlining things that were grammatically incorrect or spelt wrong which was like really annoying... anyways I am wondering if its possible I do have a virus on my phone and its on my outlook app? or has outlook put a spellchecker on its app and I can't turn it off ? I've like had look in outlook settings on my phone and can't find anything that allows me to toggle spellcheck etc on and off, I've uninstalled the app and re - installed the app, I've downloaded a virus scanner app or two onto my iPhone since and its saying I'm virus free... so I am hoping thats the case, but I am still like freaking out over this a little bit... can iPhones get viruses and if so is it likely I have a virus on my iPhone and if so how do I go about removing said virus. I would rather not have to do a factory reset etc as I've got alot of apps etc and such like... and the phone itself is still like working fine etc.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hejjhajj Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Henrik

Points: 2,277, Level: 7 Points: 2,277, Level: 7 Points: 2,277, Level: 7

Re: iPhone viruses? - November 24th 2021, 10:10 PM

those virus pop ups are not real and is just a scam. its only purpose is to trick you into thinking that you have a virus so that you will click on that pop up(to remove the virus), and will in turn request payment to remove a virus that doesnt exist. i can pretty much guarantee you that you dont have a virus.
unfortunately i dont use outlook so i dont know how to toggle off the spellcheck
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: iPhone viruses? - November 25th 2021, 03:34 AM

I'm not to sure of iPhones getting viruses but would you be able to take it to a mobile phone shop so they will be able to look into it for you?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kirilpopinin Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3

Re: iPhone viruses? - May 28th 2022, 12:52 PM

It's good that you closed everything in time, it could have been much worse. Today, in the information age, data loss or theft can have serious consequences. Your computer may store personal information that is difficult to recover or that can open a direct path to your money for cybercriminals. Apple is doing the best job in the field of security. It is very difficult to Unlock iPhone XR itself, for example.

Last edited by kirilpopinin; May 30th 2022 at 06:03 PM.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,926, Level: 10 Points: 4,926, Level: 10 Points: 4,926, Level: 10

Smile Re: iPhone viruses? - May 29th 2022, 05:17 AM

Hello!
A virus can be taken by everyone and everything, despite your OS. I get very angry when someone say: "my phone" òr "my pc have linux/Mac installed, and I cannot take any virus"
THAT'S
NOT
TRUE
simply there's a lot less viruses created for them, so it's more difficult to catch it.

About pop-ups, they're still pop-ups. You are safe until you click on them. They are designed to suck all your internet data or worse. Can be a suspect mail for example. But they won't do anything by themselves. They're simply waiting for an input first.
Just ignore them, close that page, and do what you always want
Closed Thread