TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology, Gamers and Gadgets This forum is for discussions about your games, technology, the latest apps or cool gadgets

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Can't access chat? - August 15th 2023, 04:55 PM

I haven't been here in a while so I'm unfamiliar with the whole Discord thing. Last I was here you just click on chat room and you're in. Help?

Michelle
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Can't access chat? - August 15th 2023, 05:05 PM

I noticed that this morning too! It looks like it's due to a data breach that happened on Discord's end, so Discord has opted to take all servers down temporarily until they are able to get a handle on things. Unfortunately, that does mean that TeenHelp isn't able to do much about it, as the problem is with Discord itself rather than TeenHelp or TeenHelp's specific server. It looks like this happened last night at some point, so it's possible (but not a guarantee) that Rob and the team will find a temporary solution for us! I'm definitely no tech wiz, so I'm not sure how easy that is to do. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the Announcements section of the forums (here), as that's the most likely place that any updates will be posted!

EDIT: It's a few hours later and it does seem like you can get into Chat if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the site and click on the "Join Discord" button down there. It still doesn't look like you can access it from the Chat Room button in one of the top banners - that just takes you to Discord's statement. That being said, I'm not sure if the other one will stop working at some point as Discord sorts out their issues. But, it works for now!!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

Last edited by Ambedo.; August 15th 2023 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Adding extra information.