TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MollyJ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,812, Level: 7 Points: 2,812, Level: 7 Points: 2,812, Level: 7

Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 2nd 2018, 08:30 AM

Hey!
I had quite long curly hair and recently decided to cut the hair off to the shoulder length. When it was long, everything was fine. But now, when it's short, I feel myself a weirdo, cause it's very curly, frizzy, and just unmanageable. My friend advised me to straighten it. But the thing is that the flat iron takes soo much time in the mornings, so I began to check different options and found in this post flat iron vs. brush straightener comparison.
Do you know what is better to buy? What is better in use? How do you cope with your curly hair?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 2nd 2018, 09:30 AM

Hey,
I have really frizzy hair as well. I am hugely afraid of the flat iron. I am always scared I will get burned. We bought the straightener brush and I love it. It is really easy to you, and I can do it by myself with no probably. I always had to have someone use the straightener on me.

I hope this helped you a little bit.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MollyJ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 2nd 2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aca-awkward View Post
Hey,
I have really frizzy hair as well. I am hugely afraid of the flat iron. I am always scared I will get burned. We bought the straightener brush and I love it. It is really easy to you, and I can do it by myself with no probably. I always had to have someone use the straightener on me.

I hope this helped you a little bit.
Yes, it is helpful, thank you! Which brush do you have? (cause there are soo many options on the Internet)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,466, Level: 59 Points: 172,466, Level: 59 Points: 172,466, Level: 59

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 3rd 2018, 02:26 AM

Funny, I was just looking for my straightening brush to take back to school with me!

I also use a hair straightening brush and find it easy to use and it works pretty decently. I don't use it that often, but sometimes will use it if I have to look nice for something because my hair also curls up and frizzes. I use a straightening brush by the brand SELA. My mom bought it for me for Christmas one year though, so I'm not entirely sure if she bought it online or in store.

The type I use still gets warm so you may need to wait for it to warm up, but you can always have it plugged in while you brush your teeth or something.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 3rd 2018, 05:05 AM

Hey,
So i have the Profashion brush. We got told it can work on wet hair, but when I tried I could hear my hair sizzling. So I wouldn't use it unless your hair is dry.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Abbi22702 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abigail

Points: 3,331, Level: 8 Points: 3,331, Level: 8 Points: 3,331, Level: 8

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 3rd 2018, 05:07 AM

Yasss! I cut my hair (more than once) since the new year began. OMG it is so weird! Likme it is never straight! My advice is, do not go to bed with wet hair, and after you wash it, brush it mutiple times until it is dry. Also, if you can, on bad days try and put it up.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MollyJ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 3rd 2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholia. View Post
Funny, I was just looking for my straightening brush to take back to school with me!

I also use a hair straightening brush and find it easy to use and it works pretty decently. I don't use it that often, but sometimes will use it if I have to look nice for something because my hair also curls up and frizzes. I use a straightening brush by the brand SELA. My mom bought it for me for Christmas one year though, so I'm not entirely sure if she bought it online or in store.

The type I use still gets warm so you may need to wait for it to warm up, but you can always have it plugged in while you brush your teeth or something.
Thanks I'll check it)
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
MollyJ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 3rd 2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aca-awkward View Post
Hey,
So i have the Profashion brush. We got told it can work on wet hair, but when I tried I could hear my hair sizzling. So I wouldn't use it unless your hair is dry.
I am always in a hurry, using it on the wet hair could be a nice option. But now, I guess I'll better buy the simple one.
Thank you!
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 3rd 2018, 02:16 PM

I have very thick, curly hair and it's a pain in the butt but I am learning to love it. I don't straighten my hair because it seems like when I try that, it makes it look even worse for me. I can't answer on which is the better buy but you did ask how we cope with our hair.

I use Dove shampoo and conditioner. I use a lot of conditioner in the shower and I've found Dove to be my favorite because it feels like it makes my hair smoother and more manageable. I also have different samples for curly hair from beauty boxes that I want to get around to trying. In addition or sometimes without conditioner I will use a hair treatment mask, deep conditioner, or hot oil treatment for curly hair and my hair feels better after that.

I actually leave my curls the way they are. After I shower and dry my hair a little (I leave it damp) I put a lot of curl gel in it. The type I use doesn't harden in my hair or anything either. The thing that stinks about having such thick hair is that I am kind of limited to how I style it but typically I have it up and out of my face, and off of my neck in some way, especially when it is hot.

Maybe you can experiment with different shampoos and find one that feels best in addition to straightening your hair? Might make it easier to work with.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
kloscarolyn Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 942, Level: 4 Points: 942, Level: 4 Points: 942, Level: 4

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - November 5th 2020, 01:25 PM

I haven't such a problem. But I am sorry about your problem. It is very horrible.
Closed Thread