General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.
|
Guest
 Edit avatar
|
New Year's resolution. -
January 2nd 2023, 03:15 PM
Do you do this and if you do, what did you pick?
I am not into this, I love working out, dancing and trying something new to do. Some of my friends do this every year.
|
|
|
|
-->
|
Guest
 Edit avatar
|
Re: New Year's resolution. -
January 2nd 2023, 07:05 PM
Even though I published an article on it on TeenHelp many years ago, I no longer believe in making new year resolutions. It's never works and it always a set-up for failure. In the past, when I've failed on new year resolution(s), I always felt like crap about it. Instead, I decide on trying or learning new things. I am constantly learning, even if I'm not actively sitting in a university classroom; so not accomplishing at least one new topic a year isn't really possible. I have hopes for things to accomplish over the course of the year, and it might happen next year instead.
But no, I don't make new year resolutions and I haven't in at least five or six years.
|
|
|
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
|
|
I once walked the starry sky
I can't get enough *********
Name: Sue
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/her
Location: The Andromeda Galaxy
Posts: 2,610
Points: 57,649, Level: 34 |
Join Date: March 5th 2017
|
Re: New Year's resolution. -
January 2nd 2023, 08:11 PM
I don't make New Year resolutions. In the past I tried doing it, but always set myself unrealistic goals and failed to meet them, which resulted only in frustration. So I stopped doing that altogether, I prefer to try to set myself realistic goals throughout the whole year.
Graphic Designer ● Forum Moderator ɤ
|
|
|
|
|
But I'm just a ghost.
TeenHelp Superstar **************
Name: Dez
Age: 30
Gender: Agender
Pronouns: They/Them
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 21,024
Points: 194,844, Level: 62 |
Join Date: November 16th 2010
|
Re: New Year's resolution. -
January 2nd 2023, 08:33 PM
I don’t make resolutions because I feel like you have to truly be ready to make a behavior change and it being the first of the year isn’t always a good enough reason.
Oh, you are not useless
We are just
Misguided ghosts
|
|
|
|
|
Guest
 Edit avatar
|
Re: New Year's resolution. -
January 2nd 2023, 09:06 PM
I wonder if anyone on teenhelp does this.
|
|
|
|
|
Feline the love.
TeenHelp Addict ************
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/her
Location: salem
Posts: 9,092
Points: 122,124, Level: 49 |
Join Date: August 25th 2012
|
Re: New Year's resolution. -
January 2nd 2023, 09:53 PM
I don't make resolutions in the new year, but I do make goals throughout the year. I am currently working on self-care which seems broad - but I think in the routine sense. I am hoping to fix my sleep schedule and push myself to do things I struggle with in a routine.
Also to help honor my inner child.
If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first
The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
|
|
|
|
|
Laughter. Faith. Hope.
TeenHelp Veteran *************
Age: 33
Posts: 17,416
Points: 107,155, Level: 46 |
Join Date: October 9th 2009
|
Re: New Year's resolution. -
January 3rd 2023, 08:14 AM
I don't really make New Year Resolutions either. I generally have a list of things that I would like to do by a certain time than by the end of the year.
|
|
|
|
|
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh? **********
Name: Hollie
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/They
Location: London
Posts: 4,530
Points: 76,394, Level: 39 |
Join Date: January 19th 2011
|
Re: New Year's resolution. -
January 4th 2023, 07:17 PM
I never usually set them because I'm lazy at making things happen 
But, this year my friends and I wrote down achievable goals rather then resolutions, so I wrote:
- I want to read more books
- I want to learn a new skill (e.g. how to put up a shelf)
- I want to be more active
"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"
Matt Haig - The Midnight Library
|
|
|
|
|
Member
Junior TeenHelper ****
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Pronouns: she/they
Location: USA
Posts: 273
Points: 15,279, Level: 18 |
Join Date: April 1st 2022
|
Re: New Year's resolution. -
January 16th 2023, 03:42 AM
As I stated on other sites I am on...
I decided not to do any this year. I don't usually like doing them personally at all as I know I'll never stick to the resolution.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
-->
|
|
|