General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.
|
View Poll Results: Which one is correct?
|
|
learned
|
  
|
6 |
75.00% |
|
learnt
|
  
|
2 |
25.00% |
|
Guest
 Edit avatar
|
Learned or Learnt -
May 5th 2024, 03:59 AM
Which one do you feel is correct and why do you think it is? In the US, we use learned and in the UK, it's learnt. Honestly, even though I live in the US, I don't feel like "learned" looks right, it doesn't seem grammatically correct
|
|
|
|
-->
|
But I'm just a ghost.
TeenHelp Superstar **************
Name: Dez
Age: 30
Gender: Agender
Pronouns: They/Them
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 21,026
Points: 194,984, Level: 62 |
Join Date: November 16th 2010
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 5th 2024, 05:27 PM
I was always taught learned.
Oh, you are not useless
We are just
Misguided ghosts
|
|
|
|
|
I'm as sane as I ever was.
I can't get enough *********
Name: Sam
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Pronouns: she/her
Posts: 3,063
Points: 47,884, Level: 31 |
Join Date: July 19th 2011
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 6th 2024, 10:02 PM
I was always taught "learned". I think both are correct, but "learnt" always makes me do a double-take.
wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
|
|
|
|
|
Guest
 Edit avatar
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 7th 2024, 12:11 PM
For me I was always taught learned.
|
|
|
|
|
~One Skittles Minion~
Jeez, get a life! ***********
Name: Holly
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: Wales
Posts: 6,532
Points: 65,061, Level: 36 |
Join Date: June 16th 2009
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 7th 2024, 04:34 PM
I've used both interchangeably
|
|
|
|
|
I once walked the starry sky
I can't get enough *********
Name: Sue
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/her
Location: The Andromeda Galaxy
Posts: 2,610
Points: 57,649, Level: 34 |
Join Date: March 5th 2017
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 7th 2024, 05:47 PM
Learnt, because I was taught British English.
Graphic Designer ● Forum Moderator ɤ
|
|
|
|
|
Staff On Leave
Experienced TeenHelper ******
Name: Luca
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Location: Alessandria (AL)
Posts: 562
Join Date: August 18th 2020
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 7th 2024, 06:24 PM
Argh!! Irregular verbs! My weakness!!
|
|
|
|
|
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough *********
Name: Christina
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: she/they
Location: Where the books are
Posts: 2,188
Points: 30,918, Level: 25 |
Join Date: July 25th 2009
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 12th 2024, 04:24 AM
I think "learned". "Learnt" looks strange to me when I see it.
"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
|
|
|
|
|
Project Coordinator
I can't get enough *********
Name: Haley
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: 192.241.89.194
Posts: 2,640
Points: 46,530, Level: 31 |
Join Date: August 28th 2009
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 14th 2024, 07:45 PM
I use 'learnt'.
The only time (rarely) I would use the spelling 'learned' is when it means something different to 'learnt' and pronounced with two syllables (as in LER-NED).
The English language can be so quirky sometimes!
|
|
|
|
|
Laughter. Faith. Hope.
TeenHelp Veteran *************
Age: 33
Posts: 17,471
Points: 107,344, Level: 46 |
Join Date: October 9th 2009
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
May 15th 2024, 11:00 AM
I was taught learned.
|
|
|
|
|
Member
Welcome me, I'm new! *
Name: Ellie
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 48
Join Date: June 1st 2024
|
Re: Learned or Learnt -
June 1st 2024, 06:45 PM
I was taught “learned” so seeing “learnt” tickles my brain in a certain way haha.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
-->
|
|
|