TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Points: 13,364, Level: 16 Points: 13,364, Level: 16 Points: 13,364, Level: 16

Angry Religion. - March 22nd 2010, 04:53 PM

I'm sorry in advance, but this is directed to over religious nuts who descriminate against homosexuality, and who refuse to accept other people's beliefs, without assuming we are going to be condemned to hell. I get this bull shit on here as well, hence me posting it.

So, firstly, I don't believe in god, it makes no sense that a magical man created the universe. It's simply retarded. Secondly, you say that he wants peace on earth etc, if he indeed does, then why do you depict him as a martyr? He would condemn anyone who doesn't believe to hell? He would condemn me for being a bisexual? If he is against it, and does indeed exist, WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE HAVE MADE ME BI. You prance around praising the lord, saying how he is this magical peaceful god who loves everyone yet anyone who doesn't fit the requirements is condemned to hell, is insulted or, even killed.

We generally don't assault your fucking 'sacred' religion, we don't look down upon people who believe, we simply don't agree, if the subject comes up. We don't pick on people because they are religious.

Religion has been the root of many wars, more lives have been lost in the name of religion than anything else. The holy bible was written by MAN. Not by god. Man wrote what rules THEY wanted to be followed, for all we know they added a whole bunch of bull shit, to what god actually wanted in there (again, if he does indeed exist).

Also, there are hundreds of gods to choose from, what exactly makes you think YOURS is the correct one. Maybe you are worshipping the wrong god, and are condemned to hell for it. How about that you fucking self indulgent pricks.

I go on about my own fucking business and get bombarded with this hypocracy constanly, I respect people for having their beliefs, but to descriminate in the name of your god is quite simply idiotic.

/end rant

Needed to get that off my chest.

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 24,983, Level: 22 Points: 24,983, Level: 22 Points: 24,983, Level: 22

Re: Religion. - March 22nd 2010, 06:11 PM

Hey there. You pointed out a lot of really good points. Although I am religious, I do not look down on those who are not. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, and no belief is better than any other.

I understand what you mean about homosexuality. I believe that God accepts all people, regardless and that you will not go to Hell for being homosexual. I feel as though there are a lot of man-made things being put into religion now and it's starting to become somewhat corrupt in some cases.

I hope that helped a little bit. You are not alone in your feelings about religion. If you ever want to chat, please feel free to PM me. Hang in there!

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: Religion. - March 22nd 2010, 06:40 PM

I mostly agree with you, I believe in God, but I'm not religious. The 2 main points I disagree with God on are the facts that being gay and committing suicide are sins and you go to Hell for them. I think Hell is reserved for the worst of crimes like murder (unless it's an accident or something). I don't judge people who are religious unless they try to convert me because I have as much a right to believe what I want as they do. I just disagree with them.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Points: 13,364, Level: 16 Points: 13,364, Level: 16 Points: 13,364, Level: 16

Re: Religion. - March 22nd 2010, 07:30 PM

Glad no homophobic religious people are commenting, would make me bash some one's face in with my keyboard. Thanks for the understanding posts

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 20,847, Level: 20 Points: 20,847, Level: 20 Points: 20,847, Level: 20

Re: Religion. - March 23rd 2010, 07:34 PM

Terry, wow...you took the words right out of my mouth! I COMPLETELY agree with everything you said about religion. I am also not religious and I am so pissed off by how religious people say sex before marriage is wrong, and being gay is a sin. It pisses me off, just flat out. I actually despise religion.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Fanatic Offline
In Christ Alone ♥
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 15,936, Level: 18 Points: 15,936, Level: 18 Points: 15,936, Level: 18

Re: Religion. - March 25th 2010, 03:57 AM

I do believe in god and I guess I can say I'm religious because I'm christian? Well, personally I do not think that homosexuality is a sin but, in some cases like sex, you should play it safe. And, no I'm not homopobic at all. Any kind of love is good to me. I know some people that are homopobic (they aren't my friends), but I don't think you should care what they think.

"I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back what's mine, you'll miss
The slice of heaven that I gave to you last night
." - "Cake" by Melanie Martinez

(#7 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Religion. - March 25th 2010, 04:21 AM

i agree with you. how can loving someone be a sin? grrrrr.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I've been here a while

Points: 44,905, Level: 30 Points: 44,905, Level: 30 Points: 44,905, Level: 30

Re: Religion. - March 25th 2010, 05:38 AM

I'm Catholic, and I really love my faith. However, I don't follow it as closely as some really strict Catholics do. I personally think that they contradict themselves, when they say that homosexuality is a "sin" and then they go and say that God is the ultimate judge and we shouldn't judge others for their lifestyle and who they are. It's slightly hypocritical in my opinion. I am not against homosexuality at all. I think it's good to be religious, but when they don't accept other people for their beliefs, it's unbelievably close minded. And I can't stand when people are like that. I don't think anyone should bash anyone else's religion or beliefs.
Terry, don't get the wrong idea about all Christians, though, because of the ones that have made you feel this way. Not all of us are like the "religious nuts" that you described earlier There are many Christians that have wider views and are more accepting and open.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Hope55 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jazz

Points: 8,870, Level: 13 Points: 8,870, Level: 13 Points: 8,870, Level: 13

Re: Religion. - March 26th 2010, 06:29 PM

An intresting quote by Tomas Paine sums it all up

The most horrible wickedness and cruelties, and the greatest miseries that have troubled the human race began with this thing called revelation, or revealed religion. Belief in revelation is the greatest dishonor to the character of God that was ever made known since man existed. It destroys morality, and harms the peace and happiness of man.

I agree with you completely on religion
Closed Thread