TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
raawrgirl Offline
um, new...? & a lil confused
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aria West

Points: 9,687, Level: 14 Points: 9,687, Level: 14 Points: 9,687, Level: 14

Unhappy mother+alcohol= :( sad me - January 6th 2011, 01:13 AM

OK....well im new to Teenhelp and i dont even know if im in the right forum for this subj? or if im supposed to talk about this?? *CONFUSED*
well then i guess ill just start....and if this isnt the right forum i suppose ill delete it...?

ok... so my mother is an alcoholic. IT. SUCKS. BIG. TIME.
she started when i was 4(im 14 now) adn she hasnt stopped at all. My dad has threatened everything! *divorce...me leaving...mom getting kicked out...even violence*

*sigh* i jsut really dont know what to do anymore.... I HAVE NOT...NOT!...considered suicide :| :/ well....once...but i was emotional!
anyways i am a very lively person and very happy! i love making people laugh and i love taking care of them...which is why i get super sad when someone says one mean thing to me. yeah...stupid huh?

so i HATE it when my mom gets drunk because she is so embarassing and scary. She has almost killed MORE than once because of drunk driving...and my friends wont get in the car anymore with her.

one day she was picking me up from a restaurant because my friend and i ate there and they had to leave. So she was going to pick me up..but she is half an hour late and DRUNK. she could barely say hi to me. So i started getting mad and we had a HUGE screaming match in front of this restaurant and i finally grabbed my purse and yelled at her to "just go home!!!"
people were staring at me and i felt real embarassed so i called my dad and he came and picked me up.

ohh there are a whole bunch of other stories i could rant on and on and ooon about...but i wont. The whole reason i am writing this is because of the emotional torture.

She is always insulting me! or calling me names(not pg-13 names either) and always telling me im NEVER right ill always be wrong...im a spoiled little bratty bitch who gets everything she wants...blahblahblah... i hate how she is always so contradicting!

she is always telling em how i shouldnt raise my voice cuz i shouldnt yell at her... yet when she raises her voice at me "ITS NOT YELLING!!"
and she always mocks me! its really hurtful when i say something she always uses a baby voice and repeats what i said. ITs quite annoying and rude.

OK... im guess im done ranting. theres tons more but why should i dump my problems on unfortunate forum readers! IM SORRY
ok im done. thanks for reading i guess(even though this is kinda pointless and stupid* BYE
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: mother+alcohol= :( sad me - January 6th 2011, 02:57 AM

Hello Aria and welcome to this website. There is no need to apologize whatsoever and there is absolutely nothing pointless and stupid about what you said; it is good that you posted about these issues here as this is just what this forum is for, this problem is obviously bothering you.

Dealing with this constant barrage of verbal abuse is definitely hard and this is the type of thing that nobody should have to face from a parent, is obvious that your mother is not in her right state of mind. Trying to block these bad things she says is obviously difficult, especially since this is how she has been for most of your life. Just remember though, her insults have zero legitimate meaning. I can tell you are strong and obviously you have a much brighter future.

Personally I think that she needs to be admitted to rehab, even by force if need be. Considering how long she has been like this, unfortunately I think an intervention is probably the only way to improve her condition. She has already proven to be a danger to herself and others, so definitely something needs to be done. I suggest calling some hotlines or talking to a school counselor about possible options.

I wish the best and I hope things start getting better soon.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
raawrgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: mother+alcohol= :( sad me - January 6th 2011, 03:17 AM

OH MY GOSH....thank you so much. I literally started crying when i read that. NONE of my friends have ever been that helpful, and you managed to make me feel a little better just by typing a little.
thank you again.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: mother+alcohol= :( sad me - January 6th 2011, 04:12 AM

I'm glad I could help you feel better, you're very welcome.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: mother+alcohol= :( sad me - January 6th 2011, 05:10 PM

Hi Aria, and welcome to TH. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this, you aren't the only one. I can't really give advice on this subject because I have not dealt with it myself. You are welcome to post here any time and there is no need to apologize for it.

Have you ever heard of or considered alateen? It's a branch of AA for teens and loved ones of alcoholics. If you're interested in checking it out CLICK HERE

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
raawrgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: mother+alcohol= :( sad me - January 7th 2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate* View Post
Hi Aria, and welcome to TH. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this, you aren't the only one. I can't really give advice on this subject because I have not dealt with it myself. You are welcome to post here any time and there is no need to apologize for it.

Have you ever heard of or considered alateen? It's a branch of AA for teens and loved ones of alcoholics. If you're interested in checking it out
HELLO yes i went to an AA group for about 2/3 months...but they were not very welcoming or helpful.
They are the only ones around my area unfortunately.
Thank you anyways!
Closed Thread