TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alixthetree Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: alix

Points: 12,371, Level: 16 Points: 12,371, Level: 16 Points: 12,371, Level: 16

Blame it on the Alcohol?? - January 6th 2012, 07:50 AM

First I just have to laugh because of the title, hehe . And you'll see what it totally kinda fits.

Now the reason I posted this. Yes it's going to be a major rant. It's currently 2:40 am and I'm still awake partially to reading and the other part due to my mom's bf getting home only 20 or so minutes ago. I know that my mom loves him and everything but sometimes I see just how much he pisses her off. I mean take tonight for example, he went out to the bar at like 10:30pm simply because he was "bored". It's not the going out part that bad, it's the fact that it happens so often, and he has the tendency to get way to intoxicated. He actually had someone else drive him home tonight but there have been occasions where I have had to go and get him. I realize that his family contains a lot of alcoholics but it's like he uses that as an excuse, and he also just arrived home from Kuwait after 6 months about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It's like he just uses all that as an excuse.
And I try to be a good daughter and help him off the floor (instead of my mom because she has to be up in only 3 1/2hrs) where he's laying but the part I really find pathetic is that he is a 37yo who is being taken care of by a 20yo because he has had way to much to drink.
Again I realized that he makes my mom happy but I hate to see her reaction to him when he's like this because she always cares to much to "kick them to the curb". (She was with her last bf for 8 years, and even though he was verbally and physically abusive to her and verbally abusive to me she still cared to much about him for a long time to say she had enough.)

UGH, I know sorry about the rant but I just had to put what I felt somewhere other than the inner monologue in my head.

Accept and Never
Forget Only
Life Dies.

No matter the amount of negativity you're presented with...
5 minutes from now could be your best moment.
-Mod Sun

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23

Re: Blame it on the Alcohol?? - January 9th 2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alixthetree View Post
First I just have to laugh because of the title, hehe . And you'll see what it totally kinda fits.

UGH, I know sorry about the rant but I just had to put what I felt somewhere other than the inner monologue in my head.
The title did make me laugh too And its awesome that you let out the monologue instead of keeping it inside. Things tend to get confusing that way!

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23

Re: Blame it on the Alcohol?? - January 9th 2012, 11:07 AM

Just ignore him whilst he's drunk, offer no help or sympathy. It's self inflicted so he doesn't deserve it if he's doing it all the time. My girlfriend laughs at me for getting drunk and I barely drink, but I don't mind because I've done it to myself.
Closed Thread