TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Points: 43,405, Level: 29 Points: 43,405, Level: 29 Points: 43,405, Level: 29

Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 22nd 2009, 03:13 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/21/...ml?eref=rss_us

An 11-year-old boy is facing adult charges in the shooting death of his father's pregnant girlfriend, authorities said Saturday.

Police say the boy shot Kenzie Marie Houk, who was eight months pregnant, once at point-blank range in her farmhouse in western Pennsylvania.

The boy, whose name was withheld by CNN because he is a juvenile, was charged with one count each of criminal homicide and homicide of an unborn child in the death of Houk, 26, Lawrence County District Attorney John Bongivengo told CNN.

Houk's 4-year-old daughter found her in her bed Friday, according to police. The child alerted landscapers working near the home, who then called authorities.

"This is something that you wouldn't even think of in your worst nightmare, that you'd have to charge an 11-year-old with homicide," Bongivengo said, according to CNN affiliate WTAE. "It's heinous, the whole situation."

Under Pennsylvania law, anyone over the age of 10 accused of murder or homicide is charged as an adult. If convicted, the boy faces a maximum sentence of life in prison, Bongivengo said.

Authorities said the boy is the son of the victim's live-in boyfriend at the home in Wampum, about 35 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.

Last edited by Blackwing; February 22nd 2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: ...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 22nd 2009, 03:17 PM

I heard this on the news earlier, how on earth did he manage to get a gun? Children are getting worse and worse these days.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Points: 29,843, Level: 24 Points: 29,843, Level: 24 Points: 29,843, Level: 24

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 22nd 2009, 03:38 PM

This is really sad. What is worse that he will be charged as an adult. He's ten years old. I seriously doubt that he knew the impact of his actions and what would happen. It's a horrible thing. :-(

--A
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I've been here a while

Name: Brittney

Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 22nd 2009, 04:28 PM

That's horrible. So horrible. I can't imagine what that family is going through.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Confused1isin Offline
Straight Edge LIFE!!!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelly or Khaos

Points: 10,887, Level: 15 Points: 10,887, Level: 15 Points: 10,887, Level: 15

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 23rd 2009, 03:21 AM

And this is why you always keep guns and bullets seperatly locked in different places, and the keys out of kids reach.

"It took a funeral to make me feel alive"
"
Forget regret or life is yours to miss, no other road, no other way. No DAY BUT TODAY!!!!"
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Points: 20,302, Level: 20 Points: 20,302, Level: 20 Points: 20,302, Level: 20

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 23rd 2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udontno View Post
This is really sad. What is worse that he will be charged as an adult. He's ten years old. I seriously doubt that he knew the impact of his actions and what would happen. It's a horrible thing. :-(
I'm sure as hell by the time I was 11 years old I knew whether or not it was wrong to kill someone and their baby. Adult crime; adult punishment.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dasha Offline
Dude......woah.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Dasha

Points: 15,537, Level: 18 Points: 15,537, Level: 18 Points: 15,537, Level: 18

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 23rd 2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Adult crime; adult punishment.
Completely true. Thats why parents have to take control of their children better and be sure to teach them of the full consequences to their actions, and not wait for someone else to do it for them. Otherwise you'll have kids like this running around thinking its okay to shoot people you don't like.

"For is it not death nor dying that I fear. But lack of life and purpose."
-----------
Love what is mortal; hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.
-Mary Oliver
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Points: 29,843, Level: 24 Points: 29,843, Level: 24 Points: 29,843, Level: 24

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 25th 2009, 01:15 AM

More On This Story

They are trying to obtain his homework. I wonder how long he could get for this crime in his state... someone at least needs to make sure he learns life skills if there is the chance he could be set out into the world again.

--A
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Points: 43,405, Level: 29 Points: 43,405, Level: 29 Points: 43,405, Level: 29

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend - February 25th 2009, 01:53 AM

Maybe some good influences in his life will help as well a role model fiqure more like.

Closed Thread