TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Companies, CEOs, Politics/Religion - October 28th 2013, 05:23 PM

So here is something that I have thought about before back when the Chick-Fil-A issues were going on along with the fact that as an atheist, I work at a Catholic hospital and now I saw the jelly beans post in Current Events. So do you think that you should work with a company that you would agree with 100% including managers?

Also, what do you think that the people who work at the companies where people boycott them actually think? I think most concern themselves with just getting a paycheck. I don't think all the time about what my big boss does or what they support. I can't even name them let alone really care if they are indeed Catholic.

I've met the chief people in my division once and I was busy helping to get a STEMI out the door to one of the cath labs.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18

Re: Companies, CEOs, Politics/Religion - October 29th 2013, 02:11 AM

I think it's ridiculous for people to boycott things based on the owner's/whatever's personal ethics. The majority of these ethics don't belong in the workplace, and shouldn't be discussed, but if they are, I don't think its a reason to avoid it.

I've always thought it was ridiculous. I go to Chick-fil-a because I like their chicken. Not because I agree with the founders ethics. I don't see why it should be different with workers. I also think it's the employees responsibility to read up on the company they're applying for. If they disagree with something then don't apply. No ones forcing you to work there. You should research a company before applying there anyways to keep from giving that company turnover if you decide it's not for you.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21

Re: Companies, CEOs, Politics/Religion - November 5th 2013, 10:11 AM

Problem with owner/founder/CEO personal beliefs and ethics is that they more often than not transcend into corporate culture. Not to the extent that employees tend to pick up the same beliefs and run with them, but the policies and governance of a corporate is often influenced by that culture, which (if the theory is correct) is transcended from the personal beliefs and ethics of upper management. That would be a perfectly good reason to boycott a company; it's an entirely different scenario if a person believes that the personal beliefs of a company and its corporate management are shared by entry level and customer-orientated staff. That would be absurd.
Closed Thread