TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justateen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,767, Level: 14 Points: 9,767, Level: 14 Points: 9,767, Level: 14

I found God!!! (plz say if this should be in the religion section) - January 17th 2009, 03:23 PM

So I was talking to one of TH members today. I have done something i have wanted to do my whole life. The thing is there were never any christians to talk to. I started talking to a girl and found out it is easy to find God and once you do you will be saved. I can genuinly say a few hours ago I was a sinner and was destined for eturnal pain, but somehow now i believe in Christ and that he saved me.

And this thread is really to just go on about how great this day has been, but maybe i should make another one where you talk about being saved. I urge you all to find God and live peacfully forever. PM me if you want to be saved. It is amazing. just had to tell you guys - you won't believe how happy i really am.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Points: 28,930, Level: 24 Points: 28,930, Level: 24 Points: 28,930, Level: 24

Re: I found God!!! (plz say if this should be in the religion section) - January 17th 2009, 04:05 PM

I'm happy you were able to find God in your life, religion is a good thing.

However, I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but I think you might want to be careful about trying to "save" people, as some might consider this shoving your beliefs down their throat.

But I'm happy you've achieved one of your life goals! (:

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Points: 25,325, Level: 23 Points: 25,325, Level: 23 Points: 25,325, Level: 23

Re: I found God!!! (plz say if this should be in the religion section) - January 17th 2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonTrellie View Post
I urge you all to find God and live peacfully forever. PM me if you want to be saved.
I'm glad you feel that way, each to their own.

The quoted part of your post, I'll be honest, offends me. I do not need saving, and I am living peacefully with atheistic views, in fact I believe religious people need enlightening but this isn't about that.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16

Re: I found God!!! (plz say if this should be in the religion section) - January 17th 2009, 06:28 PM

Where did you find God?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
mirafangs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mira

Points: 9,780, Level: 14 Points: 9,780, Level: 14 Points: 9,780, Level: 14

Re: I found God!!! (plz say if this should be in the religion section) - January 18th 2009, 12:17 AM

nothing good ever came of anyone "finding God." ever. *glares at Anne Rice*
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Shattered Angel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lino

Points: 9,785, Level: 14 Points: 9,785, Level: 14 Points: 9,785, Level: 14

Re: I found God!!! (plz say if this should be in the religion section) - January 18th 2009, 12:57 AM

I'm really glad you have had a wonderful, enlightening experience. I personally think your suggestion was simply just that. A suggestion and nothing more. I see no reason to be insulted by it and I'm sorry to those who do feel insulted, but there is no real point in complaining. If I'm reading and interpreting correctly, the last two posts seem fairly unruly. Please don't insult and mock here! Please let this person enjoy a moment of happiness! If you feel offended, why read this post? It's simply not for you.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Points: 29,843, Level: 24 Points: 29,843, Level: 24 Points: 29,843, Level: 24

Re: I found God!!! (plz say if this should be in the religion section) - January 18th 2009, 11:18 AM

Hudson, a lot of good things can come from finding God. I'm glad you have found your religion and you have something that you can agree with. It is good to have morals, to have values, to have something to believe in. I hope you are enjoying your new life with God.

--A
Closed Thread