TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 10th 2021, 06:01 PM

Following a furious row with my bossy and overbearing sister Wendi and because I have a mountain of difficult homework, I'm having to take a few days off the forum.

I'm so tired. Not from lack of sleep but from all the school homework and what is unreasonably demanded of me by Wendi when I apologized for not doing the washing up, I had to defend myself when she lashed out. She landed on the floor again. I hope she will learn not to hit me ever again, but I am taking legal advice about her. I would much rather live with Julie who is gentle.

I had a good cry, then decided to take time off here until taking legal advice about Wendi's bullying, and I must complete my coursework. I need 100%, I can do it. But it means I must stay off this lovely forum.

I'll miss you. But I'll be back.

Tommy.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 10th 2021, 09:14 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Wendi and I hope you manage to find a suitable solution for it. If there's anything we can do here to help feel free to let us know - TH is always here when you need it. Take as much time as you need.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 10th 2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Wendi and I hope you manage to find a suitable solution for it. If there's anything we can do here to help feel free to let us know - TH is always here when you need it. Take as much time as you need.

This is the lovely thing about TeenHelp. It will always be here and my friends and helpers, you included I will be only too happy to keep updated. I am very grateful for your replying and what you said.

And now I must away to bed. Goodnight!

Tommy.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 10th 2021, 10:35 PM

I'm sorry you're struggling right now and taking a break from the forums is a good idea if you need to do so.

I'd like to point out a couple things you've said about Wendi, though.

- Don't forget, she just got abandoned by the woman that saved her from an abusive household and from what could have been a fate much worse if this had not happened. Cut her some slack, she must be so incredibly stressed out right now; trying to manage a new job and caring for a sister she never knew she had until a month ago.

- Violence is never the answer! You may still be a child; but, where I live, you could end up in prison at the rate you're going. The minimum age of criminal responsibility in my state is set at seven, a determined age which I totally support. You hit Wendi now, but who are you going to have when she kicks you out on the streets?

Julie needs a caretaker, so she can't take care of you.

Please, seriously consider your thoughts, words, and actions before you alienate Wendi any further.

Frankly, from what Wendi has told me, Julie would pick her over you in a heartbeat.

You're young and it's ok to make mistakes! But there are limitations and what you're doing can have drastic consequences.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 10th 2021, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauorkan View Post
I'm sorry you're struggling right now and taking a break from the forums is a good idea if you need to do so.

I'd like to point out a couple things you've said about Wendi, though.

- Don't forget, she just got abandoned by the woman that saved her from an abusive household and from what could have been a fate much worse if this had not happened. Cut her some slack, she must be so incredibly stressed out right now; trying to manage a new job and caring for a sister she never knew she had until a month ago.

- Violence is never the answer! You may still be a child; but, where I live, you could end up in prison at the rate you're going. The minimum age of criminal responsibility in my state is set at seven, a determined age which I totally support. You hit Wendi now, but who are you going to have when she kicks you out on the streets?

Julie needs a caretaker, so she can't take care of you.

Please, seriously consider your thoughts, words, and actions before you alienate Wendi any further.

Frankly, from what Wendi has told me, Julie would pick her over you in a heartbeat.

You're young and it's ok to make mistakes! But there are limitations and what you're doing can have drastic consequences.

Julie already has a full time care giver arranged to be with her beginning Saturday when she will be discharged from hospital. This was arranged a few days ago, on the advice of two of the excellent staff mentors who are helping me.

You wrote in a harsh manner, though I understand the point you made. Therefore I have decided to ask my counsellor tomorrow morning for sessions to deal with my dark aggressiveness.

Since being reunited with my twin sisters, I, also, have been very stressed with no thanks to the smoking, drinking and foul mouthed Parisienne model who took my sisters under her wing. Her drinking, her dope habit did not help me one bit. In fact, she caused PTSD in the form of sickening memories of my darkened days. Little wonder I had no compunction but to retaliate after she repeatedly hit me. I make no apology for what I did. Hitting a child, no matter how it is dressed up, is inexcusable as it is despicable.

Nonetheless I hope to seek help for my reactive actions. It may take time, but I will do it. I realise I am but a child to you. One who was feral. One who saw the death of my best girl friend after what caused her to. Die. I still cry for her. As I am now. Still, I will seek help for myself.

For the sake of peace, I apologized to Wendi which she graciously accepted, hugging me. That was the first time I have ever apologized to her. Wendi spoke of "being at the mercy of her 'Maman'", also, so it is not surprising she is feeling awful and her twin having been ill remains weighing heavily on her mind.

I promised to cut Wendi some slack; at least we are talking again. I can see sisterly love and concern in her eyes. The eyes are the lamp of the soul. Eyes never lie.

Goodnight.

Tommy.

Last edited by Sprite-1; March 10th 2021 at 11:38 PM. Reason: 1 typo.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42

Re: I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 11th 2021, 08:16 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time at the moment. If you ever need anything, please feel free to message me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 11th 2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk. View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time at the moment. If you ever need anything, please feel free to message me.

I respond well and feel happier and more positive when people are not harsh, but gentle. Not assuming they are correct, but being open to the possibility that my sister Wendi may have, for some inexplicable reason turned unpleasant.

Also be open to the possibility that whatever she may have said when once an active member here, may have retained a sisterly love for me after all.

This morning Wendi greeted me at the breakfast table and apologised, asking my forgiveness for hitting me, and explaining that she, also, intends to get help for herself also.

We tearfully hugged, had a good cry, hugged again. And we held hands as I walked to her place of work with her. At the gate she turned and hugging me again, thanked me. And said "See ya later alligator!" To which I laughingly replied, "In a while crocodile!"

I believe a new day has begun as individually Wendi and I are going to seek help for ourselves. And I'm sharing this because it is important.

Thank you Dusk for your kindness, your gentleness instead of being abrasive, as someone was. I will be sure to knock on your door.

Tommy.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 11th 2021, 04:20 PM

I'm glad to hear the situation between you and your sister have been resolved. Take all the time you need Tommy. We'll see you again soon.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: I'm taking a few days off the forum - March 11th 2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-1 View Post

Julie already has a full time care giver arranged to be with her beginning Saturday when she will be discharged from hospital. This was arranged a few days ago, on the advice of two of the excellent staff mentors who are helping me.

You wrote in a harsh manner, though I understand the point you made. Therefore I have decided to ask my counsellor tomorrow morning for sessions to deal with my dark aggressiveness.

Since being reunited with my twin sisters, I, also, have been very stressed with no thanks to the smoking, drinking and foul mouthed Parisienne model who took my sisters under her wing. Her drinking, her dope habit did not help me one bit. In fact, she caused PTSD in the form of sickening memories of my darkened days. Little wonder I had no compunction but to retaliate after she repeatedly hit me. I make no apology for what I did. Hitting a child, no matter how it is dressed up, is inexcusable as it is despicable.

Nonetheless I hope to seek help for my reactive actions. It may take time, but I will do it. I realise I am but a child to you. One who was feral. One who saw the death of my best girl friend after what caused her to. Die. I still cry for her. As I am now. Still, I will seek help for myself.

For the sake of peace, I apologized to Wendi which she graciously accepted, hugging me. That was the first time I have ever apologized to her. Wendi spoke of "being at the mercy of her 'Maman'", also, so it is not surprising she is feeling awful and her twin having been ill remains weighing heavily on her mind.

I promised to cut Wendi some slack; at least we are talking again. I can see sisterly love and concern in her eyes. The eyes are the lamp of the soul. Eyes never lie.

Goodnight.

Tommy.

Hi Tommy!

No one meant to come across as abrasive. The beauty of a place like TeenHelp is that everyone is free to express their thoughts from their own point of view. Everyone here wants to support you in your journey. Keep in mind that it can be easy to misconstrue tone over the internet or any other technology.

With that said, you mentioned needing to take some time away from the site. I am going to close this thread to allow you the ability to do that.

Take care of yourself.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread