TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Housing and Moving This forum is for anything to do with your house, whether it's looking for a new place to live, completing repairs or if you're packing up your bags to relocate permanently.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
oceaneyes95 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 14,331, Level: 17 Points: 14,331, Level: 17 Points: 14,331, Level: 17

Just a note - October 30th 2023, 04:27 PM

I would decorate my home for the holidays, but I don't wanna live here anyway. 😆 It's hard living in a community that your not loved & accepted in because you start to think about all them silly little home projects that you could do but don't wanna waste the time & money to get done.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: Just a note - October 30th 2023, 06:09 PM

That definitely is tough! I'm sorry to hear that you are not loved and accepted in the community you live in. Maybe decorating would actually help lift your spirits a little bit because you can arrange things however you want them to be and add your own personal touch to where you are living? Maybe it would make it feel more like "you" rather than just a place you live. But I can understand if it's too upsetting. Maybe there's another way you can enjoy the holidays, such as baking holiday goodies for yourself or watching holiday movies/shows.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,657, Level: 29 Points: 40,657, Level: 29 Points: 40,657, Level: 29

Re: Just a note - October 30th 2023, 06:36 PM

I can definitely understand how that would be upsetting! I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel loved or accepted in the community you currently live in. I'm not sure what your exact situation is, but if decorating is something you'd like to do, perhaps you can at least decorate your specific space. If decorating the outside of your home isn't an option for you, you can always do a bit of decorating in your room or other areas that are more private for you. Having even a small number of decorations may boost your spirits!

If decorating isn't an option for you at all, there are definitely other ways that you can enjoy the holidays! For instance, you can watch movies or episodes of TV shows specific to the holiday you're looking to celebrate. If the holiday has specific music that goes along with it, you can also try looking up playlists or creating your own to put you in the holiday spirit! Perhaps you can also look into holiday events in nearby communities where you might feel more accepted.

If you need more ideas or feel like chatting about this further, please feel free to respond to this thread or send me a PM! I'd be more than happy to help you come up with ways to make your holiday season as enjoyable as possible!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: Just a note - October 31st 2023, 09:37 AM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like you are not accepted in your community. That can certainly be tough especially when you would like to make your house a home. Something as little as ornaments around the place might be able to make your environment like you.

I hope this helped.