TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19

a few awkward period questions? please reply fast! - June 4th 2012, 07:39 AM

one - my period should have started today, its last about three days, and im going to the pool on wednesday for my dads birthday so i cant just skip it. im not even spotting at all, is there anything i can do to get it by tomorrow?

problem two ties into my first one, i cant use tampons! i dont bleed much, ive never filled a pad or anything, and i put in a tampon (for light slow, tiny little thing) and im fairly sure i did it right but it was so uncomfortable it hurt to walk! is there any way to change that?

thats also why im hoping to be able to get my period by tomorrow because i cant just use a tampon to go to the pool
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: a few awkward period questions? please reply fast! - June 4th 2012, 08:18 AM

one - my period should have started today, its last about three days, and im going to the pool on wednesday for my dads birthday so i cant just skip it. im not even spotting at all, is there anything i can do to get it by tomorrow?
Are you on the pill? That'll help me be able to answer that question. If you're not, then there really is no way to induce your period. It's kind of just random. If you are, I'd honestly tell you to skip it for right now if you have next months pills and just take some until Wednesday, then just have your period after then.

problem two ties into my first one, i cant use tampons! i dont bleed much, ive never filled a pad or anything, and i put in a tampon (for light slow, tiny little thing) and im fairly sure i did it right but it was so uncomfortable it hurt to walk! is there any way to change that?
One problem you may be having is that you don't bleed enough. Tampons are much more comfortable with blood kind of as a lubricant (that sounds really gross, but is kinda true.) They're easier to put in with a more regular/heavier flow. If you're not bleeding much, they can be quite uncomfortable. I might recommend getting a smaller tampon if your period ends up coming, maybe one made for teenagers or for very light flows. I have to get thinner ones because my vaginal walls are quite tight. If I don't, they're uncomfortable.

Hope that helps! I hope it comes and leaves before pool time and you are able to go swimming, or you're able to find a tampon brand you're comfortable with. Good luck!

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19

Re: a few awkward period questions? please reply fast! - June 4th 2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Are you on the pill? That'll help me be able to answer that question. If you're not, then there really is no way to induce your period. It's kind of just random. If you are, I'd honestly tell you to skip it for right now if you have next months pills and just take some until Wednesday, then just have your period after then.

One problem you may be having is that you don't bleed enough. Tampons are much more comfortable with blood kind of as a lubricant (that sounds really gross, but is kinda true.) They're easier to put in with a more regular/heavier flow. If you're not bleeding much, they can be quite uncomfortable. I might recommend getting a smaller tampon if your period ends up coming, maybe one made for teenagers or for very light flows. I have to get thinner ones because my vaginal walls are quite tight. If I don't, they're uncomfortable.

Hope that helps! I hope it comes and leaves before pool time and you are able to go swimming, or you're able to find a tampon brand you're comfortable with. Good luck!
no, im not on the pill (though i should eventually as ive heard it helps cramps and i get really bad cramps) . i already got the smallest that they sell at walmart haha. i might just not have been bleeding enough that day, it may have been my lightest day. i might ask my mom to see if she can find any smaller ones haha. thanks
Closed Thread