TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MetalChick Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,599, Level: 11 Points: 6,599, Level: 11 Points: 6,599, Level: 11

Exclamation Help!! What are the chances that I'm pregnant? - February 23rd 2013, 01:34 PM

Hi, guys. I'm 18 and sexually active with my boyfriend. We ALWAYS use condoms and we ALWAYS check for breaks/tears when we're done. (Yes, we know they're not 100% effective.)
I am currently 4 days late on my period. I'm a bit worried, but I've been late before. I'm trying to relax myself, because I know stress makes it late. My cycles are usually 26-29 days but I've had 33-35 day cycles before. My periods last for about 8 days.

We haven't had sex since Valentine's Day because we've been sick. I've been extremely sick since August with something that's like Mono, but cannot be diagnosed (I've had multiple tests). This month, I have been on Levaquin and Azithromycin. I know that medicines can throw off your cycle. I've also lost/gained back [EDITED] pounds due to being sick and my physical activity has been lessened because Levaquin can cause Tendinitis. I haven't participated in PE at school for about a month. When I was sick, I couldn't eat very much. Now that I'm feeling better, my appetite has come back. I know that all these things can affect my cycle. Also, I am not on BC. I have talked to my doctor about it, though.

I'm also a little concerned because my boyfriend and I went for two rounds a couple weeks ago and a little while after he took the first condom off and it started to get heated again, I touched him "down there"/gave him oral and later on while having sex, I started touching myself/putting fingers in, in between positions (which guys like, apparently). I know it's a long shot, but I'm a worry-wart.

My breasts usually feel tender/heavy the week before my period, but they only started doing that two days ago, when I was two days late. I've also been having light cramping and clearish discharge. I usually get discharge the day before my period that makes me think I've gotten it.

I could use some reassurance.
Thank you!

Last edited by Coffee.; February 24th 2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers, they are against Code of Conduct. Thanks!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Points: 43,405, Level: 29 Points: 43,405, Level: 29 Points: 43,405, Level: 29

Re: Help!! What are the chances that I'm pregnant? - February 23rd 2013, 02:41 PM

Best to take a test

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: Help!! What are the chances that I'm pregnant? - February 23rd 2013, 04:14 PM

Chances are you aren't pregnant. It is possible, but so unlikely it's not worth thinking about, especially with the other factors that are most likely affecting your cycle. If it makes you feel better, take a test, but honestly, I wouldn't be worried.

Take as long as you need.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Help!! What are the chances that I'm pregnant? - February 24th 2013, 07:10 PM

The medication could easily do this, so I would see your doctor or at least take a test.

something burning?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
nerual:) Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nerual:)

Points: 7,245, Level: 12 Points: 7,245, Level: 12 Points: 7,245, Level: 12

Re: Help!! What are the chances that I'm pregnant? - February 24th 2013, 07:32 PM

Periods are really weird things and anything could be disrupting it, the meds, the weight loss, hormones, sex, stress from being ill. Anything.

i wouldn't worry about being pregnant because i don't think you are. As always, better safe than sorry so take a test to make sure
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Bem Offline
Hurricane eyes.
Average Joe

Name: Em

Points: 7,985, Level: 13 Points: 7,985, Level: 13 Points: 7,985, Level: 13

Re: Help!! What are the chances that I'm pregnant? - February 24th 2013, 09:00 PM

Not a lot You're probably not pregnant and I wouldn't fret if I were you, but we're not doctors, if you're that worried, to reiterate everyone else, take a test

I'm perfectly normal; it's the rest of the world that's insane.

"He offered her the world."

"She said she had her own."
Closed Thread