TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blah17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,513, Level: 11 Points: 6,513, Level: 11 Points: 6,513, Level: 11

Could I be Pregnant? - March 12th 2013, 11:49 PM

Okay. So me & my boyfriend had sex Friday. I knew we were going to. I'm on the birth control pill. But I hadn't been taking it because I wasn't having sex. Bit then I started taking it again about two or three weeks ago. Bit Friday morning I took it about an hour later. I forgot.I had to take it at school spend I wasn't looking & I accidenly told a sugar pill but I didn't notice till Saturday morning. He did not pull out because I was on the pill. No condom either. I'm suppose to get my period tomorrow.. I'm freaking out. But my question is.... is there a chance I might be pregnant? & how much of a chance if so
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20

Re: Could I be Pregnant? - March 13th 2013, 10:50 PM

Short answer; there is always a chance of pregnancy when you have sex, always! The pill is not 100% effective, especially when you miss pills or don't take it at the same time every day. Unfortunately nobody can tell you the chances of you being pregnant because there are so many variables it would be near impossible to give an accurate number (everyone is different, it depends on your physiology and the physiology of your boyfriend as well as many other things).
So, you had sex the chance is there, you made some mistakes with your pill which increases the chance. If you miss your period and you're worried take a test, however remember that restarting the pill can make your period abnormal for a bit, as well as the stress of thinking you may be pregnant. Try to relax and hope for the best.

Member since 2005
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15

Re: Could I be Pregnant? - March 14th 2013, 01:06 AM

As Richard stated, there is always a chance that you can get pregnant.
Your period might be weird this month because of all the weird things that happened with your birth control, so don't be surprised if it shows up late. If it doesn't show up, take a pregnancy test two weeks after the last time you had sex and then go from there.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: Could I be Pregnant? - March 14th 2013, 05:41 AM

Honestly it's not something I would worry about. Just try to stay calm, the chances are slim. If it'll help ease your mind, as others said, take a test two weeks after that time and then you should know for sure.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
Closed Thread