TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Question Next Months Period... - November 22nd 2014, 07:40 PM

So... I am in this predicament at the moment and I am honestly terrified for what will come next month. The other day I had passed out on the city bus and decided to drop everything and go to the hospital. I mean, I was in horrifying pain, dizzy, and feeling weak, overall crappy. I explained why I was there and I felt it was a waste of my time and the medical doctors.

I had made a trip to the hospital back in September with the most terrifying pain I have ever felt and the hospital did some tests. I had a ruptured ovarian cyst measuring 2.7cm where all my problems started to happen.

I normally have light, very light periods lasting as 2 days to maybe 3 1/2 days. I responded well to the IUD that they had put in mid-March. Ever since the rupture my periods are concerning me more and more.

October's period was longer than I'd wanted it, lasted 7-8 days. Having blood clots every time I went to the washroom, changed my pad, and wiped. I noticed a lot of cramping and pain. Pain to the point I thought the worst, if another cyst ruptured. I would be unable to sit, it was very uncomfortable.

This month, November, it's a more concerning story. I am on day 10 of my period. Cramps/pain happened, blood clots, bleeding a lot, feeling just miserable. I never thought I would pass out over a period. I felt like a small knife was inside me scrapping the insides at the beginning, when I mean the beginning, the pain started before the bleeding and well into my period, up until about 2 days ago, the pain finally stopped.

At the hospital the doctor told me to discuss a condition called, Endometrosis, with my family doctor. I never heard anything of it so the doctor needed to explain to me what it was. I just hope next month this stops. The problem I am facing right now is I am seeing my family doctor in a few days and it will be the last time I see her. I am getting a new doctor which the transfer will take place in the new year. In less my doctor has time in December but it seemed like she had nothing when she'd given me the follow-up appointment.

I am concerned because this happened out of the blue right after a ruptured cyst then I get these periods I have never had in my life. I am concerned that I will end up back at the hospital with bleeding to the point I am soaking a pad in a hour. (was told if that were to happen to go back to the hospital, because it could be hard on my body for that amount of blood expelling from me). I really don't want to pass out again from the pain next month. I am scared next month it will be worse since this happened and bleed for 7-8 days with blood clots, then I am on day 10 and already having more issues than last month.

I am unsure what to do. I hope this is my last day because it is brutal. I don't want to feel like complete crap or pass out over this. Has this happened to you? I am in complete confusion right now.

Anyways, thank you.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Next Months Period... - November 23rd 2014, 08:32 PM

Hey Maleia, I am sorry you are having to go through this. I totally understand how scary it must be for you.

I haven't experienced anything like this myself, but I know women who have, which I know isn't the same thing. I would like to try to help instead.

What I want you to know that that endometriosis can be treated. I don't know if you've done any research, but it you haven't, that's important.

There are a few reasons why it could have happened, but that is something that you will have to discuss with your doctor. Your Canadian (yay!) so any necessary testing will be covered by your provincial health care. The medications might not be fully covered, but that's something to follow up with when talking to your health care provider.

Before seeing your doctor, you should prepare a list of symptoms, other health conditions, and important factors like related family history, medications and vitamins you're on etc.

Hormonal treatment exists - there is birth control, but a few other options exist too. There is surgery for serious cases, but I don't think it is common to have to do that and your doctor will definitely make sure other options are exhausted first.

If you need to talk you can PM me

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Next Months Period... - November 23rd 2014, 09:19 PM

Out of curiosity, which IUD do you have implanted, the Paragard or Mirena? I have PCOS, which is not the same as Endometriosis or a ruptured overran cyst but can cause also extreme pain. I was having periods every two weeks and I finally had a period where I ended up in the emergency room twice in one day from the pain. The doctors at the ER suggested that part of the problem might be the fact that I had the Paragard IUD, which could cause worse cramping and heavier periods. I had it removed and switched to hormonal birth control. Ever since then my periods have been light, usually only once a month, and the cramping is manageable.

I realize this is anecdotal and may not be helpful to you, so I thoroughly suggest doing some research about your options for dealing with Endometriosis, but I would suggest if you aren't on the Mirena or some other form of hormonal birth control you look into it. The hormones can really help regulate things, in my experience.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Next Months Period... - November 24th 2014, 03:37 AM

Thank you for both of your responses.

I am on the IUD Mirena. The reason I was put on it was I reacted to the birth control patch, which raised concern for other medical complications. From there, my family doctor recommended the Mirena. I never had any period issues, it was only for my own protection. It was put in March 2014, I responded well to it. I never had a history of cysts, and my period were pretty much the same as before the Mirena was put in, only difference was, bleeding was reduced slightly.

This happened after the cyst rupturing. I had moments where I felt my reproductive system wasn't the same, wasn't sure if it was the cyst. I then get my period a few days after the rupture it was normal. I spent 2 weeks in bed from the rupture due to pain (I bleed internally and basically was sent home with pain killers.) and gradually worked myself to doing more daily activities. October comes and it was heavy, lasted a long time. Brought my concern to the Gynecologist which she suggested my body is getting over the traumatic rupture. I then found out, my one ovary had blood inside of it from the rupture and in my pelvis and stomach (where all the pain I was having came from). I figured it was just that period and things would go back to normal.

Bleeding for 10 days (it finally stopped in the evening yesterday) isn't normal, it's not normal for that much pain from cramping either. I have no idea what next month will bring. I had light periods 2-3 days, now it's heavy, blood clots, more than 7 days, with pain.

All I can think of is it is related to that cyst. I kept telling people that and they kept telling me, "you just has a cyst rupture allow your body to heal from the trauma." it's great that they see the positive but that isn't the reality. I honestly, don't want them to take the Mirena out, I don't think the Mirena caused this. If anything the Mirena would have caused something within those first 3 months.

I am just confused.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread