TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dstny Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,378, Level: 9 Points: 4,378, Level: 9 Points: 4,378, Level: 9

late period/could i be pregnant? - February 21st 2016, 09:58 PM

My boyfriend and I had sex on the 2nd. It was only my second time. The first time I had sex was back in October and I didn't bleed, but this time I did. Both times we had used a condom. He did not ejaculate. My periods are always pretty regular. I was supposed to start my period around the 17th. On the 16th, two weeks after we last had sex, I had gotten light brown discharge. I thought it was the start of my period, but it had only happened that one time. My period is almost a week late and I'm getting worried and starting to stress about it. I have been getting cramps since about yesterday. I'm only 15 and my boyfriend is 17 and we're hoping I'm not pregnant but we know there could be a possibility.

Last edited by dstny; February 21st 2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: I forgot an important detail
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Everly

Points: 4,906, Level: 10 Points: 4,906, Level: 10 Points: 4,906, Level: 10

Re: late period/could i be pregnant? - February 21st 2016, 10:39 PM

The only way to know is to take a pregnancy test.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: late period/could i be pregnant? - February 22nd 2016, 01:32 AM

Like Everly said, the only way to be sure is if you get a pregnancy test.

Pregnancy tests are the most effective after 2 weeks / 14 days (it's be 18 days, so you'll get a reasonably accurate reading). Before then, it can give a false negative, but like I just pointed out, its been over 14 days so it should be accurate enough.

You can get them for pretty cheap at a pharmacy (usually $7 - $15). However, if you find that that's too costly, you can get cheaper ones at the pharmacy sometimes, grocery stores and even the dollar store. You can also go to a community health unit or planned parenthood.

The advantage of going to the health unit / planned parenthood is that they also have resources about your options and people to talk to if your pregnant. In addition, if your not pregnant, you can get birth control at these places for cheap (my friend used to get her Nuva Rings for $5 per 1 there, while I had to pay $20 per 1 or so at a pharmacy.

If you're not pregnant, you'll want to be taking birth control in the future if sex is part of your relationship.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
Closed Thread