TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,237, Level: 7 Points: 2,237, Level: 7 Points: 2,237, Level: 7

Sex for the first time - June 14th 2019, 10:59 PM

Hi all,
I am going to have sex for the first time and stressing about the practicalities of it! Embarrassing question but generally with sex how far does the penis go in?!...my boyfriend is quite large and I was wondering if normally does the whole penis go in, 1/3, 2/3's...what's typical so I know what to expect....im over thinking it and it all seems impossible..

Thanks!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Re: Sex for the first time - June 16th 2019, 05:34 AM

Hi there!

When it came to sex, I didn't think about it too much. I just let it happen with my boyfriend and it turned out pretty good.

Normally, the whole penis does go in but if you are worried that because your boyfriend is large that it will hurt you, you can talk to him about possibly not going in all the way. if that will help you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Sex for the first time - June 17th 2019, 10:13 PM

The vagina only expands so far depth-wise, so depending on how large your partner is the whole penis may or may not go in. If he's larger than 6.5 inches or so the whole penis will probably not go in. I don't think you need to be worried or overthink things; if you both are prepared properly it will probably happen pretty naturally.

I want to emphasize the use of lube, though, especially if he's large. There's no shame in needing extra lubricant; it's there to enhance pleasure. Be sure whatever lube you use is compatible with condoms if you choose to use them (which I recommend). Also, PLEASE be sure you have proper contraception before having sex! In my opinion it's best to double up (condoms + the pull, the shot, the ring, other method, etc.) but that's a personal decision for you and your doctor to make together. I just strongly recommend waiting until you're on birth control.

Good luck, and have fun! If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Borrows Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,939, Level: 6 Points: 1,939, Level: 6 Points: 1,939, Level: 6

Re: Sex for the first time - June 27th 2019, 02:58 AM

Just relax and don't worry. Everything will be easy
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
CecilFitzgerald Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,278, Level: 5 Points: 1,278, Level: 5 Points: 1,278, Level: 5

Re: Sex for the first time - May 20th 2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahwelcomesadvice View Post
Hi all,
I am going to have sex for the first time and stressing about the practicalities of it! Embarrassing question but generally with sex how far does the penis go in?!...my boyfriend is quite large and I was wondering if normally does the whole penis go in, 1/3, 2/3's...what's typical so I know what to expect....im over thinking it and it all seems impossible..

Thanks!
Sex for the first time is very amazing thing.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
privet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bernard S. Price

Points: 1,293, Level: 5 Points: 1,293, Level: 5 Points: 1,293, Level: 5

Re: Sex for the first time - May 21st 2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
The vagina only expands so far depth-wise, so depending on how large your partner is the whole penis may or may not go in. If he's larger than 6.5 inches or so the whole penis will probably not go in. I don't think you need to be worried or overthink things; if you both are prepared properly it will probably happen pretty naturally.

I want to emphasize the use of lube, though, especially if he's large. There's no shame in needing extra lubricant; it's there to enhance pleasure. Be sure whatever lube you use is compatible with condoms if you choose to use them (which I recommend). Also, PLEASE be sure you have proper contraception before having sex! In my opinion it's best to double up (condoms + the pull, the shot, the ring, other method, etc.) but that's a personal decision for you and your doctor to make together. I just strongly recommend waiting until you're on birth control.

Good luck, and have fun! If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.
you're wrong,
6.5 inches is small
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Iena8778 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,252, Level: 5 Points: 1,252, Level: 5 Points: 1,252, Level: 5

Re: Sex for the first time - May 25th 2020, 07:10 PM

If you have some doubts, don't you think that this is not the best time for your first time? Everything must be comfortable for you. If you are wondering about the size, try to be naked firstly. You hand your boyfriend to do the actions you are doing on a regular basis. E.g. cook something and let him watch you and you watch him. It will give some romance and pleasure of anticipation and you will actually see how big is his 'tool'
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Bru00 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,066, Level: 5 Points: 1,066, Level: 5 Points: 1,066, Level: 5

Re: Sex for the first time - September 9th 2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahwelcomesadvice View Post
Hi all,

Thanks!
Relax, his penis can't go too far Don't stress!
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Perplexed Karen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5

Re: Sex for the first time - October 6th 2020, 03:26 PM

I am very likely too late and you've already done it, but here are my two cents anyway.
How far in depends on his length and to an extent your body. like the others have said unless he is very long all of him will likely fit.
It's important to stay relaxed and don't worry about it. have him go slow and don't be afraid to stop if you feel uncomfortable.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
hopefullynotyou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 919, Level: 4 Points: 919, Level: 4 Points: 919, Level: 4

Re: Sex for the first time - November 8th 2020, 04:47 AM

Sex is bad, Stop sex
Closed Thread