TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alex15matt15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,237, Level: 11 Points: 6,237, Level: 11 Points: 6,237, Level: 11

13 and pregnant! - August 28th 2013, 12:16 AM

13 and pregnant
So my parents a the strictest parents ever and won't let me hangout with my boyfriend so one night I snuck out and I ended up having sex with my boyfriend in the woods! I'm thirteen and he is 14. I am pregnant. He used a condom! It broke I think. I need advice!!! Please help! please font say negative stuff cause I'm already sad and feeling horrible!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lilith Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,826, Level: 12 Points: 6,826, Level: 12 Points: 6,826, Level: 12

Re: 13 and pregnant! - August 28th 2013, 12:21 AM

Well...one thing I can say is...your parents did that for a reason, they cared. I think you broke a barrier a bit...but...because you are 13...you have to rely on them.
Do you think you can raise a child? Have you spoken to your boyfriend about it? Do you know what you would do?...would you consider adoption? Abortion?...

You need to make sure you are pregnant of course - don't just take a missed period for pregnancy! Because that can be caused by other reasons and can be considerably normal for your age. I would suggest a pregnancy test IF you or your boyfriend can get your hands on one and it has been past two weeks since this happened.

You will also of course need to talk to your parents. Does your school have a councilor? You may be able to get advice from them but they have the responsibility of contacting your parents as well, and the longer it is left, the worse it could be to tell them.

Whatever you do, think it through well...and I am sure other members of the site will give you some better information!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: 13 and pregnant! - August 28th 2013, 12:28 AM

If you get a positive pregnancy you need to see a doctor as soon as possible, being 13 and pregnant can come with a lot of complications and your pregnancy needs to be monitored closely.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15

Re: 13 and pregnant! - August 28th 2013, 12:37 AM

Well, you first need to see if you are pregnant for sure. So if you miss your period, take a test, and if it comes up positive, you have to tell your parents so you can go to the doctor. I know that you probably don't want to do that, but if you make adult decisions, you have to face adult consequences.
If you are indeed pregnant, your options are to keep it, give it up for adoption, or have an abortion. I don't know the law where you are, but I can guarantee that your parents would have to be involved in any of those three options.
I hope that you've learned something from this. Condoms do break and can be used incorrectly, so if you want to have sex, ask to be put on birth control or use a different secondary method in addition to condoms. (But not pulling out because that doesn't work anyway)

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LANIKA Offline
blue steel
Not a n00b

Name: Lanika

Points: 8,720, Level: 13 Points: 8,720, Level: 13 Points: 8,720, Level: 13

Re: 13 and pregnant! - August 28th 2013, 07:23 PM

In your last post you said you were sixteen. That's weird.

Anyway, have you taken a pregnancy test?
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Viper1996 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 7,919, Level: 13 Points: 7,919, Level: 13 Points: 7,919, Level: 13

Re: 13 and pregnant! - August 29th 2013, 07:20 AM

Are you 16 or 13? because your story doesn't really add up...

Anyway take a pregnancy test, tell your boyfriend, tell your parents and then you need to decide. If you are 13, there are different options and your parents will have a main part in it, because your under 16/18, depending on where you live, there are different ages to which you can decide to go to the doctors on your own, but if your 13, you will have to take a parent or guardian with you.
Closed Thread