TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jessica2000 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,213, Level: 10 Points: 5,213, Level: 10 Points: 5,213, Level: 10

Exclamation Scared, and might be pregnant - March 12th 2015, 01:22 AM

Hi, I'm jess, and one of the only reasons why I joined this site is because last week, my boyfriend and I had a bit of unprotected sex. Scince then I can't help but worry if I'm pregnant. We usually use protection, but i've basically missed my period for two months now, like, even before we had unprotected sex. (I have a very unregular schedual).

Last month, in Febuary, I bled but not like period blood, but it bled alot, and I got a bunch of blood randomly in the middle of the day for about to weeks.

But this month I'm terrified. I really don't know what to do, and the thing is that im not stupid.. but I really don't know what to do here.

My parents hate my boyfriend anyways, and I don't want to be forcibly seperated from him because of an accident.

forgive me if i have this in the wrong section, I'm new to this site, and if you have any information to help, please help me

Last edited by jessica2000; March 12th 2015 at 01:36 AM. Reason: not good enough
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Teddie575 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Teddie Marlanas

Points: 5,187, Level: 10 Points: 5,187, Level: 10 Points: 5,187, Level: 10

Re: Scared, and might be pregnant - March 12th 2015, 01:40 AM

I don't know how helpful I'll be, but I'm going to try my best. My older sister had a problem sort of like this a few years ago.
First things first, relax. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen and there's a reason for everything.
Second, I would confide in someone close that's not your parents, maybe a friend or sibling. Get everything off your chest. After that, you may want to look online for some early signs of pregnancy. That should ultimately give you an idea as of where to go next.
If you really think you are pregnant, you are going to have to tell your parents at some point. My sister went through this. She was very worried as to what our parents would do, but the bottom line is, they will love you no matter what.
I hope this was helpful. Remember, one day at a time. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15

Re: Scared, and might be pregnant - March 12th 2015, 03:49 AM

If it's been two weeks since the last time you had sex, take a pregnancy test. If three end up positive, then you need to go to the doctor and find out if you are actually pregnant. That's the only way you'll be able to tell for sure.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount44

Edit avatar

Re: Scared, and might be pregnant - March 12th 2015, 07:00 PM

I'd suggest you'd look online for signs of pregnancy and/or take a pregnancy test. If it's positive, you should see a doctor.

Stay positive and don't stress over it. X
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Scared, and might be pregnant - March 14th 2015, 10:08 PM

Hey there,

I think that the best thing you can do is to take a pregnancy test. You said that it has been two months since you've last had your period which is kind of concerning. However, it can be common for people to have irregular cycles when they are young. So, go to your local store and get a pregnancy test and take two weeks after the time you have had unprotected sex and see what the results say. If you do turn out to be pregnant I would suggest that you go to the doctor and look into what your options are and go from there. This is definitely a scary situation to be in but you will be able to figure it out.

If you turn out to not be pregnant I would definitely look into what options you have available in regards to birth control. Getting on some form of birth control would probably be in your best interest if you are going to continue being sexually active with your boyfriend.
Closed Thread