TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hek2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,584, Level: 11 Points: 5,584, Level: 11 Points: 5,584, Level: 11

Could I be pregnant?!? - May 11th 2015, 12:06 AM

So my periods are really irregular and I haven't had one since February. Sometimes they come every month and sometimes 3 or 4 months. I recently had sex for the first time last night with my ex. We used protection. While we were doing it things were good but then he stopped and idk why. He just said he had to go. I'm scared maybe the condom broke or something?! I know he wasn't the best guy to have sex with for the first time. But things just kinda happened. Could I possible be pregnant!!? Help plz..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 11th 2015, 12:19 AM

The only way to know if you got pregnant is to take a pregnancy test in two weeks. If you take a test any sooner it will read "negative" no matter what. You will just have to wait a couple weeks. I know it's hard, but that's the only thing you can do right now.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kaekaeelizabeth Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaelah

Points: 5,313, Level: 10 Points: 5,313, Level: 10 Points: 5,313, Level: 10

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 11th 2015, 05:46 PM

I am kinda going through the same thing, but we didn't use protection and we were together. I would definitely take a pregnancy test in 2 weeks. Don't take one sooner because as mentioned above it will say negative. I would talk to your parents. they may seem upset or mad at first but they should eventually get over it. My parents realized that im a teen and its going to happen. They were teens once before and probably did something close to what you did.

[color="Lime"]In love but might lose him. </3

Do NOT give up. The beginning is always the hardest.

i know im probably not the best at giving advice, i am only 15, but i will always try my best to let others live a happy life! Here for anyone and everyone that needs help.!(:[
/COLOR]
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 12th 2015, 10:41 PM

While I'm not a female, might I suggest you ask him why he left, and express your concern? This may not be the right course of action depending on your relationship, but in my opinion it can't hurt. The other thing is maybe look into Plan B. Again, I'm not a woman, so I don't know all the ins-and-outs, but I know when there have been slip-ups in my past, my exes and current, have taken Plan B. This may not be for you, morally, but it's something to consider. This is also dependent on how long ago you've had sex. Otherwise, the last course, and a definite course you should take, as aforementioned, is to take a pregnancy test.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 18th 2015, 09:53 PM

I think the pregnancy test idea is the only way you're going to find out. We can say yes you might be but we can also say no you might no be, so we're not going to be very helpful on answering your question. No matter what the outcome is, we're here for you every step of the way. We're going no where so keep us updated and let us know if you need support at all, okay? You don't have to go through this all by yourself and getting support is okay too.

Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
hek2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 19th 2015, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
I think the pregnancy test idea is the only way you're going to find out. We can say yes you might be but we can also say no you might no be, so we're not going to be very helpful on answering your question. No matter what the outcome is, we're here for you every step of the way. We're going no where so keep us updated and let us know if you need support at all, okay? You don't have to go through this all by yourself and getting support is okay too.

Jessie
Thank you so much it means a lot! The other day I noticed tenderness in my breasts. Sometimes when I'm about to start they get sensitive so maybe it's a sign. Also I've had a lot of discharge coming out and I'm guessing that's normal too.
I haven't taken a test yet. I'm still kind of waiting and it's only been a week since we've had sex. I'm sort of scared to take one. Idk why. I don't think I'm pregnant but it's just the fear of the possibility. If I don't start within the next week or so I will go buy a test. It's hard to talk about with my friends because they aren't fond with the guy I had sex with. And I don't wanna tell my parents because they will freak. If I do end up being pregnant idk what I would do. My parents told me from the beginning if I ever did I would get kicked out. I'm scared because I would have no where to go. I don't really talk to the guy I had sex with. We're sorts friends but we don't talk much. Also i go to a catholic school so I would get kicked out there to. My life would be ruined and I'm just hoping and praying I'm not pregnant.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
hek2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 27th 2015, 03:47 AM

UPDATE:
So I took a pregnancy test last week and it came up negative. I'm sorta relieved but still worried my period still hasn't came. It's been almost 4 months since my last period and beginning to think something is wrong. I get these little cramps that feel like period cramps but my period never comes. What should I do?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 27th 2015, 06:25 PM

I'm glad to hear you're not pregnant! I think you should see an OBGYN in your area if you haven't had a period for that long, just to make sure it's not something serious. When I was in high school I'd sometimes not have a period for a couple months, it's not necessarily uncommon but getting checked out is never a bad idea if you are worried.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 28th 2015, 10:12 PM

Hey there,

I am glad you took a pregnancy test. I, too, think that you should consider going to the doctor since you haven't had your period in quite some time. The doctor will be able to make sure everything is running smoothly and, hopefully, help you figure out why you are not having periods.

Best of luck.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 28th 2015, 10:28 PM

That's great you're not pregnant! For future reference, every time you have intercourse, there is a chance you may become pregnant. With condoms and birth control, that risk is substantially minimized, but it's still a possibility.

To answer your period related question, irregular periods are normal. Every single girl experiences something different from the next. For me, my period was really irregular like yours. I got on birth control, and now I'm, the 1/3 who completely doesn't get one If you're concerned about the regularity of your period, I would contact a doctor and set up an appointment. They can help you with ideas on regulation. In the mean time, there are apps you can download to log your periods and time of intercourse. Best of luck to you!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
hek2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could I be pregnant?!? - May 30th 2015, 03:35 AM

Thank you everyone for your advice and concerns!! I did start my period a couple of days ago. Im so relieved and happy. I'm now going to take better precautions and start tracking my periods.
Closed Thread