TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thatnewgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,723, Level: 10 Points: 4,723, Level: 10 Points: 4,723, Level: 10

Exclamation HELP THIS HURTS COULD I BE PREGNANT?!?! - March 5th 2016, 01:55 PM

So I had sex on February 18 and started my period on February 25. It was really really weird. Like normally I have this super heavy period that lasts like anywhere from 7-10 days. This time I had a kind of heavy first day. Then for 5 days after I had this light spotting thing that randomly got like a little heavy then spotting. So when I had sex he didn't use a condom and I'm not on birth control. He doesn't know if he came a little in me because he was drunk but he pulled out before he came a lot idk if that means still a little in me. I took an emergency contraceptive the day after so maybe that's the cause for my late and extremely weird period. But today I'm having bad PAIN like on my left side under my ribs at like my waist area and cramps. And lately like around my, down there, i get random pains on either side. I'm not sure if this is an std or if I'm pregnant. I did take two pregnancy tests probably too early. I've also been super nauseous and emotional lately even my mom noticed. I took one the day after and one three days after. Help omg my stomach hurts I'm so nauseous.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: HELP THIS HURTS COULD I BE PREGNANT?!?! - March 5th 2016, 02:45 PM

If you took an emergency contraceptive I would not worry about the possibility of being pregnant. They are extremely effective and only fail in very rare cases. That combined with the fact that you did get your period and two negative tests leads me to believe that this pain is caused by something else.

The weird cycle you experienced was most likely a side effect of the emergency contraception that you took. The morning after pill is known to cause periods to become irregular.

Are you sure the pain is isolated to under your left ribs? Nauseous and strong abdominal pain could be a sign of appendicitis. If the pain continues, or you start vomiting I would highly suggest you seek medical attention.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
Closed Thread