TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Charlottez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,496, Level: 7 Points: 2,496, Level: 7 Points: 2,496, Level: 7

Question Could I be pregnant? - October 24th 2018, 05:59 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

June: Took 34 days for period to come
July: Took 39 days for period to come
August: No period that month
September: Took 48 days for period to come
October: (??????) Been 47 days, no period yet...

It has been 47 days since my last period in September. It took 48 days starting 23 July for my period in September to come.

I have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend (withdrawal/pull-out method) on 8 October and 12 October respectively.

I have also noticed a dark brown (nearer to shade of black but not black) coloured stain on my panty liner on 21 October (CD 43), as I have put on a panty liner since I am expecting my period to come this week. The stain was about half my palm size and it is very noticeable. I heard from my older friends that implantation bleeding isn't noticeable; only noticeable when wiping. Can anyone second that piece of information?

That was the only time my panty liner got stained (Day 43). As for the following days, my panty liner remains clean.

It is Day 47 now, any likelihood for pregnancy? Why has my period not arrived yet? I have not experienced anything out of the ordinary yet, except for the brown coloured stain which is a first for me My breasts do feel sore though, but that always happen for my previous periods. I am 19 years old this year.

Last edited by Charlottez; October 24th 2018 at 08:40 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me
Pronouns: She/they/he

Points: 7,397, Level: 12 Points: 7,397, Level: 12 Points: 7,397, Level: 12

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 25th 2018, 06:27 AM

There are other symptoms but just to be sure, I recommend getting a pregnancy test from a local pharmacy. And if you aren't pregnant I recommend seeing a doctor. Well, see a doctor either way.

Right now, that's all I can give you but good luck!

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 25th 2018, 01:54 PM

Hey there,

Light bleeding (spotting) between or before periods can be for all sorts of reasons (perhaps signalling your period is about start or potentially implantation bleeding), but it can be concerning as you have had unprotected sex and used the pull out method.

Periods can be irregular for many reasons including stress, weight loss/gain, gynecological issues etc., and it's best to try not to worry. That said, since it's been a while since you had unprotected sex, it's best that you take a pregnancy test.

Also, if you continue to be sexually active, it's best that you get on some form of birth control (Bedsider is helpful in reading up about contraception) and to consider using condoms as well to help prevent STDs as well as pregnancy.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Charlottez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 27th 2018, 12:39 PM

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately I have not gotten my period yet, but I am actually experiencing below-abdominal cramps now, what does this mean?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 27th 2018, 01:20 PM

Not able to say for sure but could it be period cramps? You may not notice signs of pregnancy this early on after unprotected sex, which is why it's recommended that you take a pregnancy test.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Charlottez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 27th 2018, 04:48 PM

I sure hope it is period cramps I am too scared to take a pregnancy test tbh... Still on the odds that it is just irregular period and it will come soon
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 28th 2018, 01:41 AM

Hello,

Whenever you have unprotected sex you risk the chance of getting pregnant so it would be a good idea to take a pregnancy test to rule it out. I know taking a test is scary but it is better that you figure out if you are pregnant so you can work on figuring out how you are going to deal with it. Putting it off will end up making things more complicated, you know?

If it comes out you aren't pregnant than it would probably be a good idea to talk to a doctor about your irregular periods as they can try and help you figure out what might be causing it. I know figuring out what might be causing the irregular periods might be scary as well but it's always best to take care of yourself and seek medical help if necessary.

Lastly, if you aren't pregnant and want to continue being sexually active it would be a good idea to get on birth control. I've preferred using condoms and birth control for quite some time as the extra protection helped me feel more safe with the idea of having sex.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 29th 2018, 05:04 PM

First of all, get a pregnancy test just to be sure; since it sounds like you have irregular periods at the best of times, you might not be able to use your period as a reliable indicator, so just do a test to rule it out.

Secondly, I would recommend that you go and see a doctor, even if you're not pregnant. I think it's something like 35 days (or 5 weeks) is kind of the upper limit of how long a cycle should last, and while it might not be a big deal at all, it might just be useful to rule out possible gynocological issues that cause you to have long periods (e.g. PCOS and such) because a lot of those issues can be managed. I have a few friends who have PCOS and endometriosis and birth control has been very effective at managing the symptoms, so it's worth checking out and seeing what's up. If nothing is wrong, it'll also help put your mind to rest.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Charlottez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 29th 2018, 07:46 PM

I am still getting cramps on the right side, below my abdominal area. The cramp lasts only for a few minutes and it is one-time off (per day). I experienced cramping yesterday and today.

I have also noticed that my discharges are milky white, they are no longer clear. Why?
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me
Pronouns: She/they/he

Points: 7,397, Level: 12 Points: 7,397, Level: 12 Points: 7,397, Level: 12

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 29th 2018, 11:21 PM

For discharge changes, I recommend reading this article form Sutter Health
http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/fema...discharge.html

And here's some article about pregnancy as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kid...9078bddea5/amp

(You can always open these links in private, detect, or incognito mode.)

Hopefully these articles can clear up some things

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Oletrthd Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,393, Level: 7 Points: 2,393, Level: 7 Points: 2,393, Level: 7

Re: Could I be pregnant? - November 10th 2018, 06:14 AM

I will support the authors above, take a pregnancy test to know for sure and be calm, if this is not a pregnancy - then consult a doctor - you cannot joke with your health
Closed Thread