TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
userrm69 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Question Could I be pregnant? - June 2nd 2022, 04:00 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hello, this is a bit embarrassing to talk about online, I've spoken to my friends and boyfriend irl but thought I should probably come online and get opinions from other people. On the 24th, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex; stupid, I know but no condom or anything, only the birth control pill. I've been a bit iffy with taking the pill as sometimes I forget or I fall asleep sometimes before I have to take it, etc and my boyfriend is aware of this. On the 24th, he ejaculated I believe a little bit inside of me and the vast majority of the rest of the *semen* was *on* that area, if you get what I mean. Since the 24th, over a few days I have suffered from more headaches than usual, I have felt cramps, bit TMI but had a lot more and thicker discharge, felt very fatigued, dizzy, etc. I'm still ovulating, I believe, and I'm supposed to end ovulation on the 5th, so I haven't missed a period yet or anything. Could I be pregnant?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: Could I be pregnant? - June 2nd 2022, 05:56 PM

There's always some level of risk of getting pregnant whenever you have sex, especially if it is unprotected, although you are the most fertile when you are ovulating.

While some of the symptoms you described can be pregnancy symptoms, it's important to note that they can be symptoms of other things as well, such as PMS or maybe being a little under the weather. That's why it's the best way to know if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. They're most accurate after you miss a period, but can be taken about three weeks after you have had sex if your periods are irregular or you just want to be sure. Planned Parenthood also has a quiz you can take to help you determine if the symptoms you are experiencing could be due to pregnancy.

I'd try not to panic too much until you miss a period or can get your hands on a pregnancy test. Things like stress can impact a person's period, making it start early, late, or not come at all that month. So, try and take a few deep breaths and find things to do to distract yourself, such as a hobby you really like or spending time with people.

Do you think you'd be able to talk to your doctor about other forms of birth control, if this is something you are comfortable with? There are other types of birth control like the implant, IUD, shot, patch, or ring that you don't have to remember to take at the same time every day. This is a website that helps you compare birth control methods.

I hope this helps some!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33

Re: Could I be pregnant? - June 2nd 2022, 06:30 PM

Hello,
thanks for reaching out!
I would say pregnancy is possible, but not very likely.

First, from what you've described a lot depends on the efectiveness of the birth control pill - it is certainly lower due to irregular dosing, but the pill might still work.

Second, I'm not sure whether your boyfriend ejaculated inside or outside of your vagina. Direct ejaculation into the vagina has a higher chance of leading to pregnancy than ejaculation near the vagina, as the sperm is more likely to survive. However, a number of other factors contributes to pregnancy, so evenejaculation inside the vagina does not necessarily mean pregnancy.

You have described different symptoms, but again, they might or might not be connected to pregnancy. While some pregnancy symptoms might appear around 1-2 weeks after unprotected sex, it is still rather early. Everything you've mentioned might have different reasons, for example stress (especially since you're stressed and worried about pregnancy), travelling, medication, illness etc.

As far as ovulation is concerned, it typically lasts around a day (with the so-called fertile window lasting a few days before and after). In some cycles ovulation might not occur at all.

To sum up, what I would do in your situation is:
1. Visit an OB-GYN. This is quite important, especially taking into consideration how you've been missing your birth control pills. Not only would a doctor be able to determine whether you're pregnant or not, but they could also assess any potential hormonal issues caused by irregular pill dosage.

2. If visiting a doctor is not possible:
  • wait for your period;
  • if it doesn't begin within 3-5 days of its predicted start date, take a home pregnancy test;
  • read the leaflet of the birth control pills you take and see if there is any information on what to do/what symptoms might appear if you've been missing pills;
  • in the meantime: try not to think of all this too much (I know how this sounds, but at this point worrying will only make you more stressed and anxious). Take a hot bath, watch a movie - try to relax.

I would like to stress once more that taking birth control pills irregularly is very risky and may have serious consequences. Please take this into account in the future - for your body's sake

I hope I helped. Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Take care and good luck!
Sue

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

Closed Thread