TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bjm_caa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bonnie

Points: 9,789, Level: 14 Points: 9,789, Level: 14 Points: 9,789, Level: 14

Lightbulb Could I Be Pregnant? - March 7th 2011, 06:28 AM

I don't know a lot about pregnancy, but I think I might be pregnant. I just got married in June of last year, so i'm ok if I get pregnant. About 2 months ago my period was 6 days late, but it was a normal period. Last month my period was on time, but the cramping was a lot worse than usual. This month i'm due to start on wednesday, but lately i've been really nauseated, dizzy, and have had headaches. I've never had these symptoms with my period before, so thats why I think I could be pregnant. I'm not sure if I should take a test or just wait until I see if my period starts or not. Any advice? Could I be pregnant?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,102, Level: 15 Points: 11,102, Level: 15 Points: 11,102, Level: 15

Re: Could I Be Pregnant? - March 7th 2011, 12:27 PM

Hey love,

congratulations on the wedding

The best thing you can do is take a pregnancy test. My best friend still had periods for the first few months of her pregnancy so your period won't actually confirm you're not pregnant. Those symptoms do sound rather like pregnancy symptoms. But only a test will be able to confirm either way. May I ask if you've been using protection all the time?

Good Luck with getting the result you want xx
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Could I Be Pregnant? - March 7th 2011, 12:53 PM

Hey there,

Sometimes period cycles can go out of whack even if you are 20. However, the best way to know if your pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. I recommend taking another one a week after taking the first for more accurate results.

Best of luck and congrats on the wedding

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dana Offline
The Jet Setter
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dana

Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14

Re: Could I Be Pregnant? - March 7th 2011, 02:26 PM

Well, were you using any form of birth control? If not then there is a chance you are pregnant. Usually the symptoms you're describing wouldn't show up until a few weeks after your first missed period, not before, but I suppose it's possible. Wait and see if you miss your period, then take a test.

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
-Albert Einstein
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: Could I Be Pregnant? - March 7th 2011, 04:34 PM

I suggest like everyone above that you take a test, you can find them at any pharmacy where the condoms are. Make sure you read the directions and follow them carefully so you get an accurate reading. If you're pregnant then you'll have to make an appointment with your doctor, if you're not and you're not on birthcontrol and you want to get your cycle on track I suggest looking into birth control.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
bjm_caa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bonnie

Points: 9,789, Level: 14 Points: 9,789, Level: 14 Points: 9,789, Level: 14

Re: Could I Be Pregnant? - March 7th 2011, 04:46 PM

I just started my period today, but i'm probably still going to take a test just to be sure. I'm not on any birth control, i've tried it before but i guess I just didn't take the right medicine for me cause I didn't like it. We both have jobs, and we have a good support system from our families. If I am pregnant both of our families wouldnt mind helping us so that's a good thing.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Could I Be Pregnant? - March 7th 2011, 09:26 PM

It's a good thing to have a stable support system, especially if you find out your pregnant.
Like stated above, it's best to take a pregnancy test (always take it first thing in the morning with the first urine. you'll get the best results that way). If your not pregnant, I suggest looking into birth control to help get your cycle in order.
If you didn't like the type of birth control you were on before, do a little research or talk to your doctor about other options. Also, condoms are good to invest in too.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread