TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lizzy

Points: 3,448, Level: 8 Points: 3,448, Level: 8 Points: 3,448, Level: 8

I'm afraid of being bullied for being bisexual. - October 23rd 2017, 12:16 AM

I just moved and I'm afraid of being bullied for being bisexual. Back at my old school I would have had no trouble being openly bisexual, no one would have cared.
But here? I've already heard some homophobic things said by certain people.
I've been able to open up to the few friends I've made here, but I want more than that. I want to be able to proudly say I'm bisexual.
But I have this paranoid fear that I'd be bullied for it.
I don't know what to do or say anymore.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheEdenProject Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 4,296, Level: 9 Points: 4,296, Level: 9 Points: 4,296, Level: 9

Re: I'm afraid of being bullied for being bisexual. - October 23rd 2017, 11:30 PM

as someone who is bisexual and trans, i surely know what you mean.

maybe they only wanted to joke about it or you heard it from outside the context?

furthermore, as long as you know that they wouldn't do anything violent or dangerous, i think it's ok to maybe wear a bisexual bracelate or some other stuff to see how people react. like show and introduce it to them slowly. and if you're ready to actually come out to them (and if they are ready too), then do so and be proud! if they show any remarks of disgust or anger during that phase then maybe you could take off the bracelet (for security reasons so that you don't get abused or violated) and still be proud to your friends and family. but always be proud of who you are! even if there are ignorant people out there, don't let them discourage you and keep going! there's always going to be people who try to bring you down but just letting you know that there's a whole website to support you and that you're not alone.

this is very general information though, but it also works when you want to come out to friends.

also, if there is any danger involved (like they think of abusing lgbt people) while trying to find this out, do not attempt to come out. this would only put yourself in danger!

another thing: maybe you could talk with your teachers or a counsellor about this. those can be of great help too!

"We drift away
Diffusing light
Confusing times
Growing up
Or cascading down?
Cascading down
I'm hurting now"

- EDEN // crash

feel free to PM or VM me if you need someone to talk to, i always have a listening ear and i never judge anyone.

former HelpLINK Mentor - 01/20/18

Last edited by TheEdenProject; October 25th 2017 at 08:18 PM. Reason: grammer errors
Closed Thread