TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Article Tools Search this Article Rate Article

Old
Rate Article
Insidious: A review
by TeenHelp November 2nd 2016, 06:46 PM

Insidious: A review
By Jenna (~Abibliophobe~)

Insidious is a ghost story that centers on the Lambert family. The movie starts out with the family having just moved to a new house and there are a few strange occurrences that take place such as a missing box, the furnace in the attic going on without anyone touching it and the family hearing noises. Their oldest son, Dalton, goes up to the attic after the door mysteriously opens. He ends up falling off a ladder and hitting his head and after coming to he hears some weird noises which freak him out. After the attic incident, Dalton goes to bed and doesn’t wake up in the morning. The movie centers on him being stuck sleeping and all the weird things that occur such as a man appearing in his little sister’s room.

There were a lot of things that I liked about this movie but I am only going to highlight a few of them. The biggest thing that I liked about the movie was that for a PG-13 movie it is scary. I’ve been watching a lot of horror films recently and I don’t think any of them spooked me as much as this movie has. I fully admit that horror films centering around ghosts and hauntings are always unnerving to me but Insidious is one of my all time favorite ghost stories due to how scary it is. The movie also didn’t have a lot of jump scares which was something I appreciated because there are a lot of horror films that use jumps scares to freak the audience out. I think Insidious utilized people’s own imagination and an eerie cast of characters to terrify their audience. Something else I enjoyed about the movie was the music they used. While all horror movies use chilling music, Insidious had some of the most unnerving music and it helped make the movie and certain scenes a bit more frightening. I think the music was one of the tools they used to scare the audience. The last thing that I really liked about the movie was the twist they had at the end. It set the movie up for a sequel but it was also really spine-chilling. A lot of horror franchises don’t do twists all that well and it leaves the audience disappointed. However, I felt they did the twist relatively well and it left me wondering what was going to happen next. When I first saw the movie, the twist left me wanting the sequel to come out as soon as possible because I didn’t want to wait to see what was going to happen next.

I think the only thing I didn’t like about the movie was that it was a little bit too long. I found myself thinking that there were certain parts at the end that dragged on. They could have left those parts out and the movie still would have been good. I think the fact that the ending dragged on a little kind of took away from the movie and I found myself thinking, “When is this going to end?” However, I think they did make up for that by having the twist at the end.

All in all, this movie was really good and if you are looking for a scary movie to watch you might really enjoy this film. Compared to all the other horror films I’ve watched recently this one was the best and most well done.
Views 420 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments