TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
GermanyItaly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Krisstie

Points: 7,208, Level: 12 Points: 7,208, Level: 12 Points: 7,208, Level: 12

How to handle dating your ex boyfriend of 3 years while dating his best friend? - May 19th 2012, 06:32 AM

I was with this guy for over 3 years we were engaged and lived together twice but I had to end it since he never got his life in order. Yet a month latter me and his best friend started spending time together and hes a real sweet heart and has his life in order the only problem is my ex being his best friend how do I handle a situation like this without trying to ruin my happy realtionship and their friendship?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: How to handle dating your ex boyfriend of 3 years while dating his best friend? - May 22nd 2012, 05:16 AM

If you're pretty set on dating your ex's best friend, then date your ex's best friend. Just know that there is no way to win this one without someone getting hurt. Your ex and his best friend are going to have to hash out their own issues with one another, and yes, they may end their friendship. You can't stop that from happening.

As for whether you and your new boyfriend are happy, well, that's up to you two. Can you deal with the fallout of the potential loss of your ex as a friend? Can your boyfriend? Can you both handle the pressure it may cause between you?

We all make our own choices in life. If you want to date your ex's best friend, that is your business and not mine. But there are going to be unhappy consequences. And if you have a part in them, you have to own up to them.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
California Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Joseph

Points: 8,022, Level: 13 Points: 8,022, Level: 13 Points: 8,022, Level: 13

Re: How to handle dating your ex boyfriend of 3 years while dating his best friend? - May 24th 2012, 06:24 AM

It only took a month to move on after a three year relationship? I think you should tell your ex, he should know what his "best friend" is doing. A real best friend would never do such a thing and wouldn't even think twice about and even makes it worse you were once engaged. Even if your ex was in the wrong a best friend supports that person and dislikes you as much as your ex should.

I would say go for it he doesn't sound like a best friend or at least in my book, so play ball!
Closed Thread