TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SilentScream244 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,526, Level: 10 Points: 5,526, Level: 10 Points: 5,526, Level: 10

I think my older sister likes my boyfriend - July 30th 2014, 10:15 PM

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 9 months, its a wonderful relationship but over the past few months, I've noticed my sister acting different whenever he comes over to my house. Like whenever I ask my mom if he can come over and she'll say yes, my sister would just pop in the conversation and ask "Brian's coming over? What time??" And I would just think "Why does she want to know???" And then when he comes over and we hang out in the living room together my sister would just walk by us a million times and sometimes I would catch her looking at him. She would even wear super short shorts and a shirt that shows her chest area whenever he comes over, she's done it 3 or 4 or 5 times already. But it's weird. Whenever HER boyfriend comes over, she wears regular gym shorts and a shirt and acts normal. Are these signs that she does like my boyfriend cause I think they are and if she does like him, I need to tell my mom so she can tell her cause she listens to her(kinda)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: I think my older sister likes my boyfriend - July 31st 2014, 01:42 PM

Those are definitely 'signs' that she could be interested in your boyfriend, but it's not a clear indication. So it's a good idea to really think about it before you confront her about it so you don't cause an argument. If she's not hurting anyone, though, and your boyfriend isn't bothered then I don't see the harm. As long as she keeps herself to herself physically and gives you some alone time with him then you might be better just leaving it as it is.

Either way, if you're really concerned then speaking to her might be a good idea. She's your sister, I'm sure she'd understand your concerns.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: I think my older sister likes my boyfriend - August 1st 2014, 06:10 AM

How long has she been with her current boyfriend? When you get comfortable in a relationship, sometimes girls don't put in as much effort to look nice which could be the case here.
Additionally, while those do sound like signs that she may like you, as Tayla said you shouldn't consider it an indication that she does. If you really want to know, you could directly ask her and let her know why you are concerned about this. However it could be she just asks when he's coming because she's curious or because she wants to make her plans around what's going on in your home.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
Closed Thread