TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
baconmonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,393, Level: 11 Points: 6,393, Level: 11 Points: 6,393, Level: 11

Girl at Work - May 16th 2016, 07:13 PM

There's this girl at work I have a crush on. A bit of back story I guess...

She wants todo the same thing I do after college, we talk to each other usually in depth every day we work together. I'v flirted with her, and even asked her out yesterday. She said ya but it depends on her schedule (shes about to take a second job). Some days we text and we'll text for maybe half an hour, but lately the past 3/4 days she hasn't been responding, not sure if I'm not being exciting enough in the text, if I should try to be more flirty, as I don't want to scare her off. At the same time I am feeling very anxious, not sure if there is anything I can do to try to relax more, as I worry about scaring her off.

Is there anything I can do to relax more, and to do to not scare her off, how I can be better with texting her, and how I can improve my relationship with her?

On a side note, yesterday evening later in the day after I asked her out, I asked her later if she knew that I meant going out as in dating and not as friends, and she said ya. She had to do something at work as well, I offered to help but she told me no that she could get it done faster, as I would distract her. I took this more as a flirt (Not sure if I'm wrong and it was something else), told her that I hoped she had a good night, and that I'd text her later that night, which I did and she never responded even though it said read, guessing it was to boring maybe.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Average Joe

Name: Svetlana Volkova

Points: 8,477, Level: 13 Points: 8,477, Level: 13 Points: 8,477, Level: 13

Smile Re: Girl at Work - May 16th 2016, 11:37 PM

being a girl myself I just want a guy to open up and tell me his feelings. What's also really important is to be yourself, even though you're worried about scarring her off. Maybe you could bring her some red roses to work i'd love that. You could also try to ask her questions that show you're interested in her. Maybe that'll help. Whatever the outcome is between you to don't feel bad if things don't go your way it happens to everybody and it hurts. Message me if you ever want advice or just need to talk I hope this helped.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
baconmonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,393, Level: 11 Points: 6,393, Level: 11 Points: 6,393, Level: 11

Re: Girl at Work - May 16th 2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merideth7 View Post
being a girl myself I just want a guy to open up and tell me his feelings. What's also really important is to be yourself, even though you're worried about scarring her off. Maybe you could bring her some red roses to work i'd love that. You could also try to ask her questions that show you're interested in her. Maybe that'll help. Whatever the outcome is between you to don't feel bad if things don't go your way it happens to everybody and it hurts. Message me if you ever want advice or just need to talk I hope this helped.
Thanks for responding, Ya when I asked her out I told her how I felt and got her cookies.

Sadly things took an unexpected turn. I saw her when I came in, and asked if I could talk to her on her break. She said Ya, I was about to go to the back and I saw her walk with another cashier towards me, she saw me, grabbed her friends hand and ducked and ran to a different aisle. I'm not stupid I knew she was avoiding me. I continued to the back and she and her friend were at that aisle, I thought about telling her if she didn't want to date that was fine and I wouldn't be upset, that I was only upset that she felt like she had to avoid me. Then she grabbed her friend and began looking at MENS razors to try to avoid me again, this really pissed me off and made me feel depressed. I just texted her and told her I'm not an idiot, if you don't want to date me or talk to me fine, and that I wasn't upset that she didn't want to date, but she felt like she had to avoid me, even though we had a connection. So now I'm just feeling anger, depression and alone now I worry if she's going to tell people I'm a creep or something.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Average Joe

Name: Svetlana Volkova

Points: 8,477, Level: 13 Points: 8,477, Level: 13 Points: 8,477, Level: 13

Re: Girl at Work - May 16th 2016, 11:55 PM

I'm really sorry. She doesn't deserve you, most guys just wanna get laid on the first date. If she goes around telling people you're weird then she's being a bitch. I know what it's like I get bullied still by this guy I had a huge crush on. It kills me. I'm really sorry.
Closed Thread