TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tony17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,194, Level: 9 Points: 4,194, Level: 9 Points: 4,194, Level: 9

Texting girlfriend's bestfriend - May 22nd 2016, 10:08 PM

Im currently in 4th year of relationship with my girlfriend, and we both spent most of these 4 years in Australia as a student. Story begins on 17 May 2016, which was my birthday.

Due to some reasons she has to go back to her home country which is Malaysia for 2 months, and this happens during my birthday. She bought presents for me prior leaving Australia, knowing she wont be here with me during my birthday, and asked her best friend to deliver it to me on my birthday.

On my birthday, everything went well. I got the presents and very happy bout it, and i called my girlfriend to express how much i appreciate her effort etc. Then i texted my girlfriend's best friend a thanks message.

We have also planned on going a trip to Korea around July/August, and i started setting up the itineraries. At one point i realized my girlfriend's best friend is actually a Korean, and i texted her without acknowledging my girlfriend. This whole conversation ended with 8 texts, no flirting or whatsoever. Everything i asked is bout Korea.

After i done planning the trip, i told my girlfriend about our itineraries, and i also told her i texted ur Korean best friend for more details. And all of sudden she gets mad, asking why did i texted her best friend without acknowledging her. I told her its no big deal, and i even print screened the whole conversation to assure her i did not flirt or whatsoever.

Right now, my girlfriend is so mad, and i have a feeling that she wants to breakup with me.

Question: Is it wrong for texting her bestfriend without acknowledging her?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tony17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Texting girlfriend's bestfriend - May 22nd 2016, 10:17 PM

More info

*I previously asked my girlfriend to ask her Korean best friend for more info, and she did, and i did get the information i wanted. But this conversation i had with the Korean best friend is about another thing. For instance, my girlfriend asked her Korean best friend about weather, and i asked about food*

*My girlfriend is accusing me of trying to flirt or trying to cheat on her with this Korean best friend*
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Texting girlfriend's bestfriend - May 22nd 2016, 10:18 PM

Hey there,

I think it's good that you were honest with your girlfriend about the fact that you texted her friend. If you and her friend aren't particularly close then this could be why she was unhappy with you texting her. I would ask your girlfriend, if you have done something to upset her then it could be better to understand why she was upset to avoid doing it again. I don't think there's anything wrong with speaking to your girlfriend's friend but everyone is different, maybe your girlfriend is a little insecure and now could be a good idea to nip the problem in the bud and find out exactly what has bothered her.

I wish you the best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Re: Texting girlfriend's bestfriend - May 22nd 2016, 10:24 PM

Hey there, I wouldn't say that you were wrong to text her best friend, and I really doubt that your girlfriend would want to breakup with you over that considering you've been together for four years. I don't see a problem with you texting her at all, as you said there was no flirting involved. Your girlfriend is probably just a more-than-average jealous person, and you'll both have to work with that. I think the bets thing is probably to let her blow her steam off and then become more calm and reasonable about the subject, and then being it up again.

Good luck!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tony17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Texting girlfriend's bestfriend - May 22nd 2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
Hey there, I wouldn't say that you were wrong to text her best friend, and I really doubt that your girlfriend would want to breakup with you over that considering you've been together for four years. I don't see a problem with you texting her at all, as you said there was no flirting involved. Your girlfriend is probably just a more-than-average jealous person, and you'll both have to work with that. I think the bets thing is probably to let her blow her steam off and then become more calm and reasonable about the subject, and then being it up again.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaigiexx View Post
Hey there,

I think it's good that you were honest with your girlfriend about the fact that you texted her friend. If you and her friend aren't particularly close then this could be why she was unhappy with you texting her. I would ask your girlfriend, if you have done something to upset her then it could be better to understand why she was upset to avoid doing it again. I don't think there's anything wrong with speaking to your girlfriend's friend but everyone is different, maybe your girlfriend is a little insecure and now could be a good idea to nip the problem in the bud and find out exactly what has bothered her.

I wish you the best of luck,
Paige

Thanks for the replies girls!

But right now the problem is i feel that she's trying to accuse me of flirting and trying to cheat on her.

Saying sorry and admit its my fault for not acknowledging her, is NOT a problem, at all.

But i just dont want to admit i flirt or TRIED to cheat on her. Ill definitely be stamped with a "cheating guy" stamp in future.

Should i just admit i flirted and tried to cheat on her? Or should i just stand on my point and continue on arguing with her?
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Destroyprophecy Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,068, Level: 10 Points: 5,068, Level: 10 Points: 5,068, Level: 10

Re: Texting girlfriend's bestfriend - May 24th 2016, 06:09 AM

Girls can get very insecure easily i have felt this a lot so i understand. But you didnt flirt or anything and you were honest which is very important in a relationship. Ik it may be hard but she will just have to trust you and believe you. Sit down and have a talk with her
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
baconmonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,393, Level: 11 Points: 6,393, Level: 11 Points: 6,393, Level: 11

Re: Texting girlfriend's bestfriend - May 25th 2016, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony17 View Post
Thanks for the replies girls!

But right now the problem is i feel that she's trying to accuse me of flirting and trying to cheat on her.

Saying sorry and admit its my fault for not acknowledging her, is NOT a problem, at all.

But i just dont want to admit i flirt or TRIED to cheat on her. Ill definitely be stamped with a "cheating guy" stamp in future.

Should i just admit i flirted and tried to cheat on her? Or should i just stand on my point and continue on arguing with her?
Don't just say you did because she keeps thinking you are when you didn't. It'll just make things worst. Just keep being honest that you didn't, and try to sit down with her in person next time you see or, or if she's away for awhile maybe call her or if possible video chat. She could just be the jealous type to as some others have said. Best of luck.
Closed Thread