TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

dating opp- quick advice - April 17th 2017, 03:39 AM

There's a girl in one of my classes that I like, but I've been super on-the-fence about asking her out. For a long time I just couldnt gauge whether or not she liked me, but I feel like she's been warming up to me lately; we're in a group project together and the last time we all met up we were getting along great. Regardless, we're usually really awkward around each other. Problem is, we only have one more class- tomorrow- and then the final exam. I always do this, wait till the last second because I feel like I don't have enough reason to ask someone out. Or spend the whole time contemplating someone else, which happened here too.
So anyway, asking her out. We know each other kind of well, so a coffee date seems plausible to me. A movie seems like a bad idea to me because we're so awkward around each other. Dinner, also not sure. What about a study session for the exam? I have her number, and I could set up either a group study time (for our project group) or a session just for us. Given that I'm totally screwed for that class, Im more inclined to choose the group and push off asking her out until after the exam.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Juliet.C Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Juliet

Points: 3,872, Level: 9 Points: 3,872, Level: 9 Points: 3,872, Level: 9

Re: dating opp- quick advice - April 17th 2017, 05:40 AM

Umm maybe you guys aren't that ready for hanging out alone yet? As you have mentioned, you guys feel super awkward around each other so. But I wud suggest asking her out with maybe one or two of your best friends for the first time and slowly advance it to hanging out privately,,so you guys will feel more natural or sth? Hope this helps
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,462, Level: 27 Points: 35,462, Level: 27 Points: 35,462, Level: 27

Re: dating opp- quick advice - April 17th 2017, 12:10 PM

Hey,

Since you have exams coming up, the group study idea might work better than a coffee date. There is a possibility that she might be stressed about exams and might not want to go on a date right now and this might make things more awkward for the two of you. A group study might be the best, so the two of you can hang out and even get to know each other. If she is good in the class you are not, you could ask her if she'd be willing to help you out. I'd suggest pushing of the idea of a date until after exams so when you both do hang out you won't have to worry about the upcoming exams.

Just my bit. Hope it helps.
Kav
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: dating opp- quick advice - April 17th 2017, 06:56 PM

And I didn't even talk to her in class. Goddammit Im a coward.
Edit: and I set up a group time that she probably can't show up for. She has two exams that day, one extending to 9:30 at night. And yet that night is probably the best time.

Last edited by MWF; April 19th 2017 at 12:51 AM.
Closed Thread