TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Points: 14,098, Level: 17 Points: 14,098, Level: 17 Points: 14,098, Level: 17

Dating or...friends? - May 28th 2011, 12:39 AM

Alright - heres the story. A guy and myself have been dating for a while. Lets call him....Mark. Mark and I have gone out to the movies, dinner, bowling, golfing, gone to parties and all sorts of stuff. He always pays where ever we go. And he gets mad when I pay if I get there before him. So, a while ago I told Mark that I liked him. He said he enjoyed spending time with me, but he needs time before he can comitt to anything serious because he just got out of a long relationship. But we still hang out. And that was like, at least 4 or 5 months ago.

When we hang out and do competitive stuff, Mark likes to make bets. He sort hints at things, at least I think so. One time I said I didn't know what to do the bet on, and he said - Is there anything you want from me? Which sorta...I mean, I do. We haven;t kissed yet. So I would love for that to be our bet. But I don't have the guts to say it. And I don;t think Mark does either.

And really, who goes out with someone when they have a mutual like for the other person, without kissing? I'm 19, hes 22. Its not like we're little kids, ya know?

So...I'm house sitting this weekend. And... I invited Mark over. And we sorta decided that he would spend the night. And I'm sorta nervous that he is going to think I want to have sex. Which I don't. At all. We haven't even kissed. So I don't know. What do you guys think? Are we dating? Are we friends? Should I jsut grow some balls and kiss him already? Ughh. Any advice would be helpful, especially from a guys point of view.

Thanks

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before it’s too late
I can’t turn that clock back around
On what you’re dreaming about
You better do it now, don’t wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Points: 14,038, Level: 17 Points: 14,038, Level: 17 Points: 14,038, Level: 17

Re: Dating or...friends? - May 28th 2011, 12:43 AM

I think that you should just flat out ask him what he expects, or kiss him.

You two sound really close so would it be all that weird to kiss him but tell him that you don't want to have sex? Maybe he is just coming over as a friend and you shouldn't do anything unless he initiates. Especially since he told you before that he isn't ready and stuff like that.

Hope this helps.. <3
Closed Thread