TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 13,740, Level: 17 Points: 13,740, Level: 17 Points: 13,740, Level: 17

Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 13th 2011, 06:17 AM

Hello,

I just realized that guys can easily date younger women when i was at a book store some young chick was scoping me she sat right next to me with her legs cross over to me. She was sitting next to me and when i look at her direction she would looked at me. I had an AH ha moment. lol yes im not that smart.

Anyways. What do you think about 18 year women dating a 23 year old any tips?

I think its kind of weird since my "baby" sister is 19 years old. lol

I just find it weird buy i am totally open to it.

I have a full time job in accounting i have a bachelor's degree and I going to work towards my masters soon.

I have very little exprience with women. SO i guess it is logical to date younger women... ussally i am interested in women my age or a year younger or several years older.... SO it would be less awkward and disapointing to the women my age. And i probaly have the advanatage with younger women.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 13th 2011, 06:58 AM

I don't think there really is a problem with it. You'd be both adults. Maturity is another thing, however. I guess it just depends on the person. I think guys tend to date girls younger than them anyways (not all, but a lot).

Now, on the other hand, if you kept the age difference, but maybe took three years off both of you, in my eyes, it'd be a bit odd to have a 20-year-old date a 15-year-old (aside from it being illegal). But then again, it could be a mature 15-year-old.

I know my boyfriend liked & made-out with a couple of girls who are about 3-4 years younger than him. For him to be 20-years-old now, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal since the girls are about 16-17. But at the time, he was like 18, making out with a 15-year-old or at the other time, he was 19 & liked/made out with a 15-year-old. To me, that's a bit disgusting & wrong since they were kids. Also, his sister is younger than me, but still older than those girls. I think it's weird he wanted to do that stuff with girls younger than his sister. I couldn't imagine dating someone more than a year younger than me, because my sister is three years younger than me & anyone younger would be a kid (kind of like your point about your "baby" sister).

Last edited by Sincerely Yours ♥; July 13th 2011 at 07:06 AM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Points: 9,740, Level: 14 Points: 9,740, Level: 14 Points: 9,740, Level: 14

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 13th 2011, 09:05 AM

Haha mate,

I'm 19 dating a 16 year old. While it is odd, being an adult and still having to deal with parents. I find that my girlfriend is one of the most mature and captivating ladies I have met.

I guess as long as you're comfortable with it, and you set age specific boundaries. Then there is no problem with it.

good luck in love,
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 13th 2011, 04:04 PM

I don't find it strange at all. I met my current boyfriend when I was 16. I believe he was either 18 or 19 at the time. I can't remember. It was a while ago. But, when we first started dating, I was 18 and he had just turned 21. She is of legal age, and it is in no way illegal. It's whatever you're comfortable with.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I've been here a while

Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 13th 2011, 07:01 PM

Sure, there's nothing wrong with it. Girls hit peak value at 19 anyway.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Points: 16,527, Level: 18 Points: 16,527, Level: 18 Points: 16,527, Level: 18

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 13th 2011, 07:42 PM

I find nothing wrong with it as long as you both are adults in the situation. Not to mention if you both treat each other equally instead of throwing it in her face that you are older and she doesn't feel younger than you. Treat each other as equals and that is fine.

Age most of the time is truly nothing but a number. I myself am dating someone who is 28 years old. I always told myself I would never date someone that age because my older brother is 29 and thats was just always so weird to me. But I gave him a chance and now we have been together for about a month now and I couldn't be happier. We treat each other as equals. He doesn't throw it in my face that he is older than me and I don't feel like a child around him. I can not ever feel an age difference when with him unless he starts talking about 80's movies or music way before my time but other than that it is great. I find it way better than when I was with guys my age or one or two years older than me. I find him to be much more mature and his priorities and such are set. But at the same time he can be immature but that only comes when all his bills are paid and he has the right to slack off and act my age.

I'd say go for it! I mean she is 18 you are 23, that is only 5 years. Thats not a big gap really. That is usually how most couples are, most couples are usually dating someone with a 3-5 year age difference. My brothers wife is 5 years younger than him and they are alright. They got married just 5 months after dating and they have a wonderful daughter together.

Like I said there is no problem with it as long as you two treat each other as equals and you don't blatently make the age difference noticable. Like I am older than you I know better than you and so forth.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Points: 14,604, Level: 17 Points: 14,604, Level: 17 Points: 14,604, Level: 17

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 14th 2011, 09:45 PM

In my previous relationship, he was 23 and I was 18. It worked for us. It depends entirely on the people in question; if she's mature and you're a good fit, you can make it work. It was a little weird for me living a very college-life while he was in a different life stage, but that was not the real reason we broke up.

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 16th 2011, 03:18 PM

No problem with it. I was with my ex when he was 23 and I was 19. Although it may feel a bit weird for you if she's the same age as your little sister

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 17th 2011, 11:44 PM

It is not really odd. The one thing is though you two may be at different points in life, if you have graduated college and plan to go for post-grad and she is just starting undergraduate. This may be a little odd and something to consider, but the age difference itself is OK.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 18th 2011, 02:44 AM

My boyfriend and I started dating when I was fourteen, and he was sixteen (there was no sexual activity). Now I'm sixteen, and he's seventeen, but going to turn eighteen this month. I've talked to friends about it, because he's been concerned that it's illegal, and the general consensus is that it's not weird because we've been dating for so long. Different situations have different limitations--say you met an eighteen year old girl with no experience with men, and then you pulled a number on her: that is wrong, and unfortunately that's what usually happens when the man is older. But say you both have equal experience, and you treat each other kindly, that seems normal.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 19th 2011, 11:10 PM

I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 28; we met when I was 19 and he was 27. Sometimes there is an issue with emotional maturity, but most of the time it works just fine. I think it depends on the people involved, but I think it can work out just fine.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Points: 38,476, Level: 28 Points: 38,476, Level: 28 Points: 38,476, Level: 28

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 21st 2011, 12:31 PM

Yeah, don't worry about it. My girlfriend is 18 and I'm turning 22 this year, not quite the same amount of years, but once you're past a certain age, you're all adults so there it's all cool.

I do get the thing about her being the same age as your sibling though, my girlfriend is the same age as my wee brother, and all that does is remind me how well grounded and mature a person of that age can be, compared to my brother who's got a mental age of 8.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

(#13 (permalink)) Old
bipolar Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leah

Points: 9,111, Level: 13 Points: 9,111, Level: 13 Points: 9,111, Level: 13

Re: Dating Younger Women. 23 Male + 18/19 women - July 21st 2011, 07:55 PM

honestly, the age difference isnt the problem. its only... 5 years. not THAT bad. some people have like a 12 year age difference and theyre very happy together. but if you cant look past the age... thats where you have a problem. get over the fact youre different ages, and i'd say dont worry about it. but if youre gonna treat her any differently than you've treated all your past girlfriends just BECAUSE shes younger, i think thats wehre the line get drawn...

had a dream, i was king. woke up, still king(: - eminem

you put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray. i stood there loving you and wished them all away. and you come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you- taylor swift

i dont know what i want, so don't ask me- taylor swift.

maybe there's beauty in goodbye. theres just no reasons left to try. you push me away. another black day. let's count up the reasons to cry.
Closed Thread