TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
oceaneyes95 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 14,331, Level: 17 Points: 14,331, Level: 17 Points: 14,331, Level: 17

Looking for a girlfriend..... - December 20th 2011, 05:24 PM

I'm 16, and i'm home-schooled. I come from an extremly small community and everyone around here is homophobic which is exactly why they don't know i'm bi. I want a gf soooo bad but I don't know where to find one at I mean in my position there's not a big variety. What can I do? I was thinking of trying my best to find some kinda LGBT Club around Quincy Illinois becasuse I live kinda sorta around there but it's not going so well. I was also thinking a youth group buuuuut i'm not sure how many gay people go to youth group or church events. I'm Christian and love love love church events because well church is all I really have at this point in my life. I always imagine how it would effect my life to have the whole "Spashley" thing you know from South of Nowhere. Can you help me?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19

Re: Looking for a girlfriend..... - December 20th 2011, 07:41 PM

Hi Lillian

I understand at times how frustrating this can get for you. Like you said; in this day and age more and more people are starting to show resentment toward the LGBT crowd.

Besides an LGBT club; there are a plethora of sites where you can meet other people. A popular one is Trevor Space which is similar to a Facebook but with LGBT users. A simple google search of "LGBT programs" would bring you to a lots other you can try too.

Also do know that even straight people do have trouble finding "love", never feel discouraged that you aren't able to find a "GF". Just give it time and things will fall into place

Through darkness does the light shine even brighter
PM/VM
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
shortiie.so.nice
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Carmen G

Points: 7,877, Level: 13 Points: 7,877, Level: 13 Points: 7,877, Level: 13

Re: Looking for a girlfriend..... - December 21st 2011, 12:44 AM

Hi Lilli,
I totally understand where you come from. I come from a family of Christian-Baptist where its suppose to be a man and a woman in a relationship. Well in my home town Lincoln Park which is by Detroit, MI. I have found a LGBT group at EMU but I haven't been to any events yet. I am looking for a girlfriend as well and I am having the same difficulties as you. But I hope we both can find a girlfriend and maybe become friends.

Shortiie.So.Nice
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
oceaneyes95 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 14,331, Level: 17 Points: 14,331, Level: 17 Points: 14,331, Level: 17

Re: Looking for a girlfriend..... - December 21st 2011, 02:22 PM

Wow lol I didn't expect to get any veiws or replies at all but thank you both and yea we can become friends and both of you really helped me!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19

Re: Looking for a girlfriend..... - December 21st 2011, 07:33 PM

Your Welcome Lilian!

This is what Teen Help is for Come to me or any other staff member at any time.

Through darkness does the light shine even brighter
PM/VM
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,723, Level: 46 Points: 106,723, Level: 46 Points: 106,723, Level: 46

Re: Looking for a girlfriend..... - December 21st 2011, 10:13 PM

Hey Lillian. The site is called TeenHelp, so if you ask for it, we give it.

If you can't find any LGBT specific groups near you, then just try to get as involved in the community as you can. The youth group you mentioned might be a good start - after all, what do you have to lose? The more things you do and people you know, the greater your chances of meeting people like you, and potentially finding a girlfriend.

I know it can be hard, and make you feel like you're alone, but remember that you're not. I come from a small town too, so I know where you're coming from. But just give it time, keep looking, and don't let it get you down if it takes a while. Rest assured, someday you will find the right girl for you, and all the searching will have been worth it.

Good luck.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
Closed Thread