TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

Exclamation giving up. - April 7th 2009, 06:35 AM

here I am again. posting yet again. you all probably hate me.

I almost killed myself 6 times today. I don't know why I am still here. I just want to end it all. I cut myself for the first time today also. and it helped. it helped take all the pain away.

I am so afraid that by posting this, you all are going to contact the police.

and its just. why am I doing this? why am I so lonely? why do I feel like this? why is this all this way? I am so sorry. I just don't know what to do anymore.

there's one person I reach out to. and I love her more than anything. and she's there for me. but I feel like she's going to give up on me, or she is going to get annoyed with me.

I am just scared of life. I am scared of posting this. I am scared of everything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: giving up. - April 7th 2009, 06:52 AM

There's nothing to be paranoid about on TeenHelp. All the information you submit is anonymous unless you'd like to reveal information on your profile.
Here's the privacy policy if you're interested.

The reason behind this post is because you're reaching out for help. We all need some assistance at one point or another so there is no reason to hate you for it. Instead of acting on your emotions directly why don't you stay to talk so we can ration them out and find a way to help you somehow?

Take care, dear. x

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mia705 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ali

Re: giving up. - April 7th 2009, 06:52 AM

Hey hun! Don't be afraid, we are here to help you as best as we can!

I am really sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time right now, sometimes life can suck. First of all, please don't try to kill yourself. You are very young still and you have a whole life ahead of you full of experiences and things that you have yet to experience. We all get down sometims, just keep your head up!

Additionally, please please please please please do not cut yourself! I know how much it can feel like it is helping, how it makes you feel better and makes those bad feelings go away....but in the end it is going to do so much more damage than good! I know from personally experience the addictive nature of cutting, you can say that you won't get addicted, but it will happen! A scratch can lead to a cut which leads to deeper and deeper until you find yourself having to get stitches untl you find yourself in a hospital bed because you went too far. Cutting is dangerous and scary...there are so many other ways to take care of this pain you are feeling! I highly recommend reading the 'Stickeys" whcih can be found in the self harm section...understand how addictive this habit can be! Find other ways to release this pain you are feeling, draw, sing, punch a pillow, vent to a friend, journal...anything! (as long as it is safe and keeps you from harm).

You asked why you are doing this...you are doing this becasue you realize that you can't do this on your own anymore and that you need help. We are here to help you, so use us as much as you want! We will never get tired of you here!

Trust your friend, I am sure she would rather have you here venting to her than not have you here at all.

Just try to be brave hun! I know you can work through this, things get better! Sure, it may take days, months, years...but they do get better! Just hang in there! If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me!

Closed Thread