TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
into creation x Offline
Not a n00b

Ideas? - July 20th 2012, 10:33 AM

Currently, I'm unemployed, unhappy and just started taking anti-depressants. I think I want to go off and see some of the world, volunteer or work or just simply travel but I don't know where to go, how long for and most importantly I have no idea where to go to find these answers or who to get advice from. I'd be going alone so would be petrified probably but I know I'd feel better in myself for doing it. Also now seems like a good time, I don't have anything to lose back home such as a job or a boyfriend as I have neither.

I don't even know if this is in the right forum? Do any of you have advice or can you point me in the right direction? Thanks...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
doomtech1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Josh Deione

Re: Ideas? - July 20th 2012, 11:11 AM

hey how are you doing my name is josh !
im not sure if ur in the right forum either but im new here so what i say doesnt mean much . Besides, i dont think lending a helpful hand is only reserved for people with similar problems to my own. I think all the idea youve came up with such as traveling and volunteer work would be great regardless! I love helping people and the feeling i get after puting a smile on someones face or helping someone who was having a shitty day, i wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. Sorry for the long reply, don't know if it bothers you or not but yeah there's my thoughts on it, if you need anything let me know

The person that you are in my eyes, the person you can't even see

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Ideas? - July 21st 2012, 07:54 AM

Well I was travelling and found my way to San Francisco and my experiences there completely turned my life around.

This is wonderful; the aspiration to put yourself out there and be open to new experiences. A lot of people who are struggling a lot don't even have the mental space to conceive of doing things like that - so I find it really encouraging to see someone who is taking some initiative.

I don't think I know what would be right for you - since I don't know you very well. And even then, I don't think anyone can say for sure, what is or isn't right, and there is no way to know for sure - maybe just pick something and go with it and see what happens. After all, a huge part of opening up is letting go of expectations. Whatever it is might turn out to be mundane and boring, or it might be exactly you've been waiting for all along.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
Closed Thread