TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ImaginedReality Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Am I the only one??? - July 21st 2012, 07:00 AM

Horrible summer. Watching literally everyone around me being so happy and having fun with all their friends and boyfriends/girlfriends and I'm the only lonely freak without any friends at all It's so suffocating to see so many happy people and knowing I'm so far from that...I can't even do something as simple as TALK to people because of my shyness/social anxiety problems. Feels like they're just shoving their f*cking happiness in my face all the time just to torture me with it and it's making me just want to give up. what's the point? I feel so disconnected from people and lonely all the time...none of those happy people even notice I exist. Even when I've tried to talk to people, it's been a huge failure. I completely fail at life. I'm 21 years old now and have never even had a boyfriend It's so embarrasing and depressing...and I also found a few days ago that I can't even take anti-anxiety or depression pills for all this because of another health condition! That was the one thing that could've helped me and now I don't even have that anymore I don't know what I can even do anymore...I really think just killing myself would be like a heavenly relief, rather than having to suffer through this pain every second of every day I don't see any point in trying anymore honestly if I'm always gonna be like this. I don't even have any friends on here cause they all have their own friends and groups just like in real life

(#2 (permalink)) Old
UnicornGurl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ex

Re: Am I the only one??? - July 21st 2012, 07:18 AM

Aw, Dont say that!
I feel the same all the time!
i cant have a boyfriend because of my religion.
Find a hobby and make friends!
Join a club, or go jogging, orgo to the beaach.
You dont know who youll meet!
Stay Strong & hang in there!

"Im not one to judge people UnicornGurl but your comments worry me."--RoverGirl
**Proud Self Injurer**

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ab123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

Re: Am I the only one??? - July 21st 2012, 08:15 AM

Your not alone I have the same problem as you. Everyone I know is happy while ive had the worst summer of my life. I got a lot of anxiety to caused my mom and life. I've never had a gf and I'm 19. In the eyes of my own parents im a failure. I'm sorry I'm no help but your not alone. I guess all we can do is hope life gets better

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Re: Am I the only one??? - July 21st 2012, 02:56 PM

You aren't the only one with social anxiety, I have it as well. I find it easier to socialize online rather than face-to-face. It's not ideal, you need physical and verbal contact, but it's a start. You learn to form relationships and friendships online, even though it's not the same as in real life. You can't go to the mall with them, but you can watch television or a move with them over Skype. Teen Help is a great place to make friends. Come around more often, join in on chat and post in the General and Games forums.

There's no reason to kill yourself because of all this. You're still pretty young and have a lot to live for. As someone else said, you can join clubs and sports. You'll find a skill you have and put it to work!

Hang in there, all right?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CatietheInsane Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Catie

Re: Am I the only one??? - July 22nd 2012, 09:43 AM

I feel the same. I just gradated. All my friends are pregnant or married. My boyfriend is away for two months but I'm kinda glad we need the distance we've been fighting alot. And he just found out about my depression but he thinks its a joke. He doesn't understand. No one does.
But yeah I know what you mean. Everytime I get on facebook I see posts of people happy and everything and it's just upsetting

(#6 (permalink)) Old
CaughtInMyHead Offline
DayDeaming my Life Away
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Re: Am I the only one??? - July 22nd 2012, 09:19 PM

I'm sorry you feel this way, I know how much it hurts to feel alone and on the outside - I've felt this way since I was a little girl. Social anxiety's a b*tch, I wish no one had to suffer with it, butdon't give up. This doesn't have to be the end for you, you're still very young and have years ahead of you to change things, make your life into what you want it to be, nothings impossible. Get out of the house, do things you like to do - you don't need people to do fun things. Go places you like to go, and talk to the people around you. Join some sort of club, group, volunteer thingy mabobber, etc. Tell yourself that you don't care what anyone else things of you, that you are you and if they don't like that then it's their problem - train yourself to not care what people think. Just talk about whatever comes to mind, even if you get shy a lot of people like shy people - a lot of guys like shy girls, it's sweet and girly. Start small and build up. You can do this, don't give up - you've made it this far, your life doesn't need to be over yet.

I wish you the best

Nothing easy is worth doing, but easy would be nice every once in while.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Wildflower2009 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Whitney

Re: Am I the only one??? - July 23rd 2012, 04:03 AM

I have never had many friends... and the few I did have ditched me for their bf's (who are jerks)... And I cant take anti-anxiety meds because of the side effects. They make my anxiety and depression worse.

Point is... Your not alone! Dont give up!

And you can be my friend on here! I dont have a group. Lol. I dont have any friends on here at all!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ImaginedReality Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I the only one??? - July 26th 2012, 04:07 PM

Hey guys, thanks so much for everything you said. It helps to know I'm not the only one going through this. It's easy to think everyone around me is so perfect and happy. Even on here..I've been wanting to post more but in the chat but everyone seems to be having fun talking to each other and i'm just that random one that jumps in lol. It's just depressing to feel like you can't do anything though. Not even something as simple as talking:/ and now the anxiety is ruining my health so I won't even be able to go outside it's all just too hard..

(#9 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Am I the only one??? - July 27th 2012, 07:12 PM

I've felt quite lonely this summer as well. I've never had many friends, but this year I felt there were some people I would keep in contact with over the summer. As luck would have it, they're all out of town, taking summer classes or at camp. Although I planned on joining some kind of camp or class, my grandmother has recently found out she has severe cancer, and so I needed to help fund my mother's plane ticket to visit her mother, as well as seeing how my mother is going to be in and out of town, and my father has work I'd be unable to get a ride anywhere. That turned into quite the story, my point is: I'm finding ways to keep entertained at home. I've been reading, watching movies, listening to music and overall just staying at home and enjoying my time. It's summertime, and you probably have free time. Spend one summer just enjoying being alone. If you spend your time moping about not going out and doing things, you certainly won't have any fun at all.

You're young, and you have no school/work right now, so make the best of it. The whole world is yours right now. Killing yourself over this isn't a good decision.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread