TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
buzzybee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

help - July 25th 2012, 10:57 AM

im so over it over everything its all getting to much again and dont tell me itl be ok coz it never is ok sure theres a few good days when the nightmares are not as bad and there a only 1 or 2 flashbacks and i can actually laugh but theres becoming less and less good days and i dont know what to do anymore i just want it to stop i just want the pain to stop and maybe theres only one way iv been thinking about it more and more lately the way to stop the pain forever i dont want to but i just want to have a sleep where im not woken up from a nightmare i want to be pain free i want to be happy but the hope for that is slowly fading im scared i dont know what to do

Last edited by Palmolive; July 25th 2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: help - July 25th 2012, 04:28 PM

I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time right now. Please don't kill yourself. Suicide is never the answer. I know you are getting tired of people telling you that it's going to be ok, you will get through this, but they are telling you the truth. I know things may get tough, but things won't ever stay tough. They will get better, trust me, they will get better.

Are currently seeing a therapist or counsellor? If not, I suggest you see one and talk to them about what and how you are feeling. Sometimes, telling someone what we are going through is a good thing. We can't keep our feelings bottled up inside because that can have detrimental effects on our health. It can make us even more depressed.

I understand that you are in so much pain, but realize this: You are not alone in this. There are so many people in the same position you are in now. You have so many reasons to live. We have a list of reasons to live. You can find that list here.

Please stay strong and never give up hope.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: help - July 25th 2012, 09:58 PM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear things are rough for you right now. It sounds like you're going through a lot and I can see why this would be unpleasent for you. I think its great that you have managed to come to us here for some help and support and I hope that we can help you in one way or another.

At one point there were more of the good days and thats proof that you can get more and more good days again. I know that right now it doesn't feel like things are going to get better but with support and in time you can and will have more of those days where you can laugh more and feel happier. Its going to take time but with hard work and detemination you can and will get there.

There is so much to live you have to experince and there are good times ahead of you but for now you need to keep reminding yourself of the positive future you can have at the same time as working through the negatives to help you get to that positive future.

Do you have anyone you can talk too? Perhaps a teacher, a school nurse, a family member or even a friend? All these people love and care about you and I am sure that if they can help you, they will be more than willing to help you to get through this. I don't know if there is somethins specific causing you to feel the way you are feeling but if there is then know that you are always welcome to talk to us about it if you want to. You're never alone.

Hang on in there, you can do this.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
RoverGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Maz

Re: help - July 25th 2012, 11:46 PM

Whatever you do, don't commit suicide.

It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I know it's scary and I know you feel trapped but ask yourself this, what do you really want to die? The hurt or your soul?

I've been down the suicide route and I know it's the worst place to be. But there is always hope. You're probably sick and tired of hearing that but don't give up.

I know this is going to be difficult, but contact a councillor or your GP and they'll be able to help you get back on track. The inital first step is difficult but do it and you'll be able to get back on track.

Hope I've been of help
RoverGirl

Closed Thread