TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 12:59 PM

Before you read this: i just want to say i am 15 and im finding it very hard to deal with them any advice would be very helpful! Im emo btw but dont normaly cut myselfxxxxx. Anyway i liked this girl called lauren she was in the lower year and shes a lovely girl. Anyway i liked her for so long i thought to myself that the 6 weeks off school is coming up summer hoildays last day this is my chance !!! I got my friend immy also in the lower year to give her this letter showen below: Laureni have been waiting to do this for a while but i have really liked you for such a long time you mean so much to me i just want to be with you. Your such a pretty girl and you mean everything to me everyday i think about you and i can't stop your such ano amazing girl everyday i wanna be with i hate the feeling when im not with you. You are the most amazing girl in the world. You make me feel so amazing everytime i look in to your eyes i feel so happy i really want to look after you and be there for you i would spend all my time in the world trying to make you happy the only thing i care about is you your the most important thing i care about your eyes are so perfect i love every part about you laurn yg ou have ano amazng personallity It's a beautiful day as I look in your eyes You have a wonderful way It almost makes me cryIt's hard to find the words To say what you mean to me So all I'm going to say is Will You go out with me laurenxxx. As you see the letter had no name !!!! Thats the cute part my friend told her that this guy would message her at 6pm but i got kicked off track because jess went on laurens facebook and sent me a message saying i like you too then lauren quickly said sorry that was jess being a fool. 5 days after i have given her the letter. I give my mate my facebook pass to send lauren a message i made because i was shy. The message is showen below: Hey lauren remember this ? It's a beautiful day as I look in your eyes You have a wonderful way It almost makes me cry It's hard to find the words To say what you mean to me So all I'm going to say is Will You go out with me. I love you so much baby xxxx

lauren reply is showen below: you're a lovely boy justin, but i don't feel the same way:-/ the love letter was beautiful and it made me smile, but i'm sorry justin, i hope this doesn't ruin our friendship:-/

my reply is showen below:

Aha dont worry :lauren sweetheart! Aha and my friend was on my account and did it for me because i was shy aha. Okay babe dont worry. And yeah aha better not act awkward around me at school . Yeh this should not effect our friendship and aha dont feel bad either babe aha. Anyway im off now so cya xxxxx . You know what they say always smile no matter what situation

i can't live without her tho i hate to go on and on but as i was typeig this i swiched to facebook quickly and she has a new photo omg i love her so much i can't take my life anymor ei ven got my lip pirced because of this i know i jave problems but i need lauren i love her so much im use toe nail clipers to cut myself with!!!!please help me some one!!! and on another note my friends haveall ditched me i don' have any friends now i speak to some people that are nice on facebook and bbm andstuff msn etc but i never go out anymor ei offer people but i always get rejected i know your gonna say nonne of this is worth it but you don't understand how imfeeling at the moment yahoo my mate jacob had a sleepover invited the gang but not me wtf ??? i always havehelped him with things and cheering him but he can't even re pay me or anything? i love you lauren ! ianna push her on a swing so bad i really am in love this depression is getting worse min by min some 1 please give me some helpful advice on these questions thank you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 01:33 PM

Hey Justin,

I know how much heartbreak can hurt. I was a bit younger than you when I first fell for somebody, and I ended up getting used by them before getting my heart broken. It hurts A LOT. But, honestly? There's so much more to live for than just this girl. You just need to pick up the pieces and start over and allow yourself to get close to people again without turning to unhealthy coping mechanisms.

First of all, you're fifteen. You're WAY too young to be settled on only being with one girl. It's just a person. You think that you love her, but I'm going to be honest with you, at the age of 19, I'm only friends with one person from my days in high school. Most of the people you meet now are going to be nothing to you by the time you reach adulthood, so don't let these small incidences completely affect your self esteem! I'm not saying it's impossible to be in love at 15, I ended up falling in love with my current partner at 15. But you don't know that this particular person would have really been worth it, or just another break up in your life, so don't let it define your life and the relationships for the rest of your life.

Next, rejection is part of life. You're going to be rejected by lots of girls before you find the right one, lots of jobs before you find the right one, lots of schools before you find the right one. Each of these falls will only make you stronger, you just have to find the strength to get back up!

Last, this is not the end. Life gets better. You can't judge the way your life will unfold from this exact moment, give it another chance. Four years ago, I didn't think I'd be alive today, and if I did, I thought I would be dropped out of school, or in a mental hospital. But I'm not. I'm an A-student on a scholarship at a university. You still have plenty of time to accomplish your dreams, and to get farther than you ever thought possible. It doesn't end because of one girl.

For your self harm issues and to find more ways to cope with the issues you ar ehaving, I"m going to turn you to our "Alternatives to Self Harm" thread here along with our Reasons to Live thread here. If you continue having suicidal thoughts, I'd recommend seeing a professional, such as a counselor. I hope these help, and that you are able to feel better. Good luck!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 01:41 PM

iknow but i love her so much to you have to see her shes amazing i just look at her face and my heart beats shes sososos nice and sweet i can't get any advice on yahooanswers at all i keep getting called a pussy and im like wtf? i love auren so much she means everything to me ! been rejected 5 times in a row everyone treats me like rubish at school now i feel like lauren turned me emo even to i was already becomeing emo i can't live without her i really can't im not even joking

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 01:43 PM

i feel bad useing this site aswell haha!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 01:43 PM

but i have no where else to turn i might not even make the rest of the week

(#6 (permalink)) Old
The.adorable.1 Offline
I'm cool...i think
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Scratch

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 02:19 PM

Hey girl!

I understand your love for her. But ya know, sometimes the person you love dosnt see the beauty in you. And it's hard. I dont know if this is your first heart break, but i think love is the think that kills us all the most. She's not worth killing yourself or cutting. She's not worth hurting yourself over. One day she'll finally realize how dumb she was to turn you down. I know you feel like you cant live with out her, but you really can. Write, write down every thought you have. That helps me. And sometimes all you need is music. Try the Violent Femme's self titled album, that's a great album to help you get through life. May wishes in life.

-Scratch

It takes more courage to suffer than to die.

I'm here for you, no madder what happens. PM/email me anytime: onlymclarsfan@gmail.com

WE DECIDED MY BEST INTEREST, how can you know, how can you say what MY BEST INTEREST is? What are you trying to say, I'm crazy? Well, I went to your schools, I went to your Churches, I went to your institutional learning facility, so how can you say that I'M crazy? (Suicidal Tendencies)

<3 <3 <3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 03:42 PM

my life is still bad i can't take life no more i really am in love with lauren she means everything to me i would do anything for her why can't see be mine this is my 5th heart brak this year can't take t nanymore and i really loved this one

(#8 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 04:37 PM

There will be more I promise You will find a girl that'll take your breath away more than lauren ever could! I have that much hope for you! Hang in there

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#9 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - July 27th 2012, 04:51 PM

Wait. Wait. Wait.

This is your fifth heart break this year? That was your own words. You move really fast. Killing yourself over someone you'll be over in three months is... foolish, to say the least. You're young, your interests change quickly. Both in music, movies, hobbies and yes, relationships.

I know that I've seen some product or had some plan that I needed to save money for, but in the week it took me to earn the money, I didn't want it anymore. Now, this might seem like a meaningless story, but think, if it took me only a week to get over my need to travel to Winnepeg, or to buy a Playstation Vita,it might take you three to get over her. Is it worth killing yourself, ending roughly 70 more years of life for a bad three weeks? Probably not.

I say this in nearly every suicide thread but... the average lifespan is 85, you're not even half done yet. Chances are you haven't:

Seen your favourite movie.
Heard the best song.
Met your best friend.
Me the person you'll love the most.
Had the best pet.
Seen the funniest haircut.
Played the greatest video game.
Went on the coolest holiday.
Had your best job.

And basically anything else. Statistically it's impossible that you've seen the best the world has to offer. She still wants to be your friend. And you can move past this. Yes, she didn't see you as a potential suitor, and that's a damn shame. But you have to realize you can't force her to like you.

More importantly, think of how she would feel if you killed yourself. You'd be hurting someone you love. Think of your parents, grandparents, brothers and sister, friends and pets, and people you haven't even met who will be hurt by your death. Think about it, maybe one day you'll end up curing cancer, if you kill yourself, it won't get cured. You have potential, and killing yourself because you can't see it right now isn't thinking in the long-term.

A good practice is to set yourself some goals. Long-term is usually better. For example, mine are:
Visit Chicago, Illinois.
Live in England for at least a year.
Write something that is published or produced.
Buy a Corgi.

Set yourself four or five goals you want to live for. Whenever I feel bad, I simply think over the things I want to do with my life, and I carry on.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: going to kill myself very soon have nothing left in life - July 28th 2012, 11:46 PM

Hi Justin!

When I was in high school I had a best friend. He was EVERYTHING to me. How HE felt about ME was how I felt about MYSELF. I made him responsible for MY feelings. Eventually - he couldn't take it anymore and told me to 'back off'. THAT was the day I almost committed suicide. I took what he said as a total rejection of ME. And if HE rejected me - I must really BE a reject. NO ONE LOVES ME - I told myself! Life is NOT worth living. It was one of the worst days of my life. In fact - the only reason I'm alive now is because my mom happened to knock on my bedroom door. She asked me how I was doing and I burst into tears!

We stayed friends - but only because I did what he asked and 'backed off'. NOT physically - because we saw each other a lot. But emotionally. It wasn't easy - but I slowly started to count on him less - and count on me more!

What I did to my friend happens all the time. People often make someone else responsible for how they feel about themselves. And that's totally UNFAIR. We have no right to do that to anyone. We have no right to burden someone else with that responsibility. How would YOU feel if I made YOU responsible for how I feel about ME? Would you be flattered by that? Or would you think to yourself, "Deal with your OWN feelings, Craig! I've got enough problems trying to figure out my own life!"

You are depressed and suicidal in part because you are not taking responsibility for your own life. Just like I once did - you have convinced yourself that ONLY IF someone ELSE was in my life - THEN I would feel better. THEN I would feel loved.

But it doesn't work that way. Unless you learn to appreciate the person you see in the mirror every day - learn to LOVE HIM - you will NEVER feel loved. That's a hard lesson to learn in life. But an extremely important one.

People like people who like themselves!!!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!! :

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - August 8th 2012, 06:51 PM

There will be plenty of other girls, don't give up because of Lauren has said she doesn't want a relationship. There will be plenty of other girls. Perhaps you could try joining a youth club or a sports club or something ? That way you can start going out and make friends and also a sport or youth club can be a great distraction. I do karate and it's great, at the same time I'm doing exercise I'm also out and socializing and am making new friends, it has also boosted my confidence a-bit too. Don't give up things can and will get better and there will be plenty of other girls.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
2hot4u Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachael

Re: i want to kill myself lifes getting too hard for me to cope please help me - August 8th 2012, 09:30 PM

No. You should not kill yourself. No one should ever kill themselves, period.

Yes, it seems impossible now. Nothing good is going to happen, but it will. You can count on it. After all, once you hit rock bottom, theres nowhere to go but up, right?

Sure, Lauren doesn't like you in a relationship way. BUT she wants to remain friends with you. Work on getting to know her and letting her get to know you. it might blossom into something more, but if it doesn't? Oh well. You will find more girls to crush on, and maybe one of them will be perfect for you.

It may feel like the end of the world now, but slowly it will get better.

For the friends... open yourself up to the possibilities of more friendships. Don't stick with just ONE group because they are "the cool ones" or w/e. You could meet the most amazing people who arent considered 'cool', but you have to look

Just remember, killing yourself, is NEVER an answer. If you killed yourself, there would be a lot of people confused as to why you would do it, and feeling horrible about themselves because they didnt stop you.

http://www.teenhelp.org/blogs/2hot4u/

R.I.P Mommy </3 July 1,1963-April 8, 2012. I miss you

It's a momentary relief from the existential terror of existence!

Had to get stitches for the first time due to self harm on June 2, 2013

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: i want to kill myself lifes getting too hard for me to cope please help me - August 8th 2012, 09:50 PM

humm but i wanna die so bad jus get it to go away tbh

(#14 (permalink)) Old
cheyman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i want to kill myself lifes getting too hard for me to cope please help me - August 9th 2012, 08:22 AM

dont do it man

(#15 (permalink)) Old
cheyman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: thinking about death who can save me im so depressed aha!!!! - August 9th 2012, 08:23 AM

ull b ok askingalexandria dont give up!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread