TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lmk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Please help I need distractions - July 28th 2012, 05:05 AM

Please does anyone have suggestions for distracting myself from suicidal thoughts? I am really scared im gonna hurt myself I feel so shitty i just want it to end but i cannot kill myself now

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Please help I need distractions - July 28th 2012, 02:35 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment. Distracting yourself from these thoughts can be quite hard, but there are definitely ways to keep your mind occupied! I'm going to link you to a thread here which is aimed at Self Harm alternatives, but they may be useful for you to use in this case too. A lot of them give you activities you can do to keep yourself occupied or busy so that the thoughts you have are left behind for a little while. Click here for the thread.

I'd also strongly recommend talking to someone about the thoughts your having. Having suicidal thoughts is certainly cause for concern, and most definitely not something to do on your own. I'd suggest you talk to someone close to you perhaps. Someone you trust who can help you, maybe, get some more professional help. No matter who you talk to, it's definitely a good idea to tell them how you're feeling so that they know and can help you through what is obviously a difficult time for you. Another good idea would be to look into using some hotlines to help you. These can be useful if you need to talk to someone, so take a look here for some examples of some of those.

I hope this has helped you, and I really hope you find a way to help yourself. As I said, I think it's a good idea to talk to someone about this. Don't force yourself to do this alone because you don't have to, and it's so much better to have someone there to help you through it. You can do this, and you can beat whatever it is you're fighting. It wont be easy, but you already have the motivation to distract yourself, which is fantastic! I have no doubt you can fight this and get through it.

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Please help I need distractions - July 28th 2012, 06:34 PM

Hi there.

Firstly, its really good that you have realised you are struggling and that you are ehre asking for our help. I know that can be a hard thing to do and I think you have been brave doing so.

I think some distractions if you want to cut to express pain and emotions, things like drawing on your skin with a red pen might help, writing in a diary, listening to music which relates to your feelings, writing a poem, stabbing an orange etc might help.

If you want to cut to calm yourself down, taking a bath, cuddling a pet, massaging your hands etc or listening to relaxing music and even trying to do some meditation or yoga might help you.

If you want to cut to feel numb, you can try taking a cold shower, holding ice cubes where you want to hurt yourself, chewing something wiith a strong tatse might help.

If you want to release anger, going for a run, punching or screaming into a cusion might help as well as making noise ir ripping something like paper up.

It might be good for you to ask yourself why you feel the need tto cut and if you have felt this way before then think about then and you then dealt with it then. Think about whether hurting yourself is going to help you in the long run or whether its actually just going to make things wrose for you.

If there is ever anything you'd like to talk tp us about, know that we are always here. You're not alone in this.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread