TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lukas1996 Offline
A future United States Marine
Welcome me, I'm new!

Life is hard for me right now and I want to give up. - July 28th 2012, 05:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

A few days ago I had found out and was told that my best friend had committed suicide, and ever since finding out about her death I haven't eaten that much, I haven't been sleeping very much also and I've lost the will to do the things I love to do (Violin, airplane model making and biking) I also have social anxiety disorder and get bullied A LOT at school and have very few friends (her being my only friend)

I have considered (and attempted) suicide before and I'm scared and don't know who to talk to about it, I don't have a girlfriend and I'm really lonely over summer.

Please help me I don't know what to do.

-Matthew

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Life is hard for me right now and I want to give up. - July 28th 2012, 02:27 PM

Hi Matthew,

I'm really sorry about your best friend. I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through, and I wont attempt to say I understand how you feel right now, but I want you to know that people are there for you and you shouldn't isolate yourself right now. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.

You said you don't know who to talk to about all of this. There is a thread here on TH which can help you find a few options. People can help you, and talking is a wonderful way to sort through your feelings and find yourself in a better position to fight. Take a look here for that thread. You don't need to have a girlfriend to have someone to talk to. Plenty of people will be happy to help you, and it's important that you don't dismiss all of your options. Try talking to someone you know. Chances are they'd rather you spoke to them than did this alone anyway.

Also, try taking a look here. I know that sometimes, especially after something as traumatic as this has happened, finding a reason to be here can be extremely difficult. But it's important to keep fighting, and this list may give you something to fight for and live for.

I'm sorry I haven't been much help, but I hope those lists give you some sort of idea as to how you can carry on. It's possible, and I'm sure your best friend wouldn't want you to give up.

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Life is hard for me right now and I want to give up. - August 5th 2012, 05:21 AM

I'll pray for you.
- Collies R Us aka Ally

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

Closed Thread