TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
c.k.23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Courtney

Unhappy Help me... - July 29th 2012, 08:46 PM

A lot has happen to me these past four weeks and I don't know how much I can take anymore... My dad emotionally abuses me and when he was fighting with my mom he had gotten so angry and he picked up a spray can and chucked it at her but I stepped in front of her. I took the blow and the bruise is still here. That was the turning point when I felt I had no other choice but to cut my pain away. My wrist is looks like chopped meat and so is my inner thigh. Its a never ending cycle... The one person that I talked to about this seems to be ignoring me and it hurts so bad. He forced me to go to therapy and if I didn't go he would tell my consular and then shit would be told to my parents. I hate everything about myself and I... even contemplated suicide. I think about it everyday. I may be smiling on the the outside but on the inside I feel broken and severly damaged. The shit people say to me are just terrible and they don't even half of what is going on at home. I think that if I did successfully killed myself everything would be better... For me and for everyone else.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Help me... - July 29th 2012, 09:57 PM

Hi there.

I'm really sorry that things are rough for you right now. I can understand why you might be feeling the you do. It is however really good that you recognise you need help and that you have come here for some help and support. We'll try our best to help you.

The way your dad treats you isn't right and Im sorry you have to go through that. Know that it isn't your fault and that you are not to blame. Have you spoken to anyone about it and the way you feel? I think you having someone to talk to might really help. We're always here for you and you're more than welcome to talk to us. We wont judge you but we will try our best to support and help you as best as we can. If you're in education you can always talk to a school/college nurse or counselor or you can even talk to a teacher and a family member. All of these people love and care about you I am sure if they knew what was going on and how you're feeling, they'd want to help you.

Also here is a list of alternatives to self harm. When you get urges, try some of these out. Not every single one of them is going to help so dont give up when you do try something but it doesnt help you; keep on trying new things. You can also keep a list of all the things that do help you too. You're in control of yourself. The only person who can stop you from doing it is yourself but people can help you along the way so dont be afraid to reach out.

You can do this so keep your chin up.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Help me... - August 5th 2012, 05:16 AM

Prayin' for you.
- Collies R Us aka Ally

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

Closed Thread