TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lizziemariexxoo Offline
10.09.12 <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ElizabethMarieTaylor

Unhappy Help! - July 29th 2012, 08:03 PM

for days ive been depressed and i cant figure it out, i cant stop crying and its starting to trigger my self harm. ive been sober 1 week and havent smoked in a week. im trying not to relapse. someone help me.

xoxo Lizzie xoxo

Maybe we'll turn it around, 'cause it's not too late; it's never too late. ~Three Days Grace

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Last edited by Palmolive; July 29th 2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Removing prefix
  Send a message via AIM to lizziemariexxoo Send a message via Skype™ to lizziemariexxoo 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Captain Kirk Offline
Proud Pinenut
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Re: Help! - July 29th 2012, 08:29 PM

Hey there,

I am so sorry that you're struggling and it sounds really frustrating to not know whats causing you to be unhappy and depressed, but you should be incredibly proud for staying sober for a week. That's really great and you can get through this!

First, just try to calm down, maybe just sit in a quiet place for a while until you feel a little better. Or go for a run, sometimes that really helps me clear my head and calm down a lot too. After you do that, maybe get a notebook and write down what was going on when you got depressed, just write the date and what was going on. That way you'll know what's triggering you so you'll know how to deal with the situation later on.

I really recommend talking to someone about how you've been feeling, I know it's kind of scary, but it really helps to have some support from a professional and some friends. Just talk to a family member, friend, teacher, or a counselor and tell them you'd like some help and support, and I really think they'd do anything they can to help you out.

You can also try some alternatives other than self harming, sometimes they really do help. You can do something you love to do or a new hobby you've always wanted to try out. Here's a list of alternatives that might come in handy also: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ Just go through the list and try out a few, but don't get discouraged if the first few don't work, because different things help different people, so just keep trying!

You are really strong, you've gone one week sober, and that is such a huge achievement, you can get through this. Just stay strong and keep going. I really hope this helped, if you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me. Good luck and stay strong!

HelpLink Mentor, Social Groups Moderator, Goals and Ambitions Moderator, Education and Careers Moderator, Talent Committee
Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
she dreams of love.
Outside, huh?

Name: Jessie

Re: Help! - July 29th 2012, 08:29 PM

Hi there.

Firstly, Im glad you have come to talk to us here at Teenhelp. I hope we can help you in some way.

You've made some massive achievments such as being sober and I think thats something you need to hold on to and remember that you have strength that can clearly pull you through this. For you to feel this way for days but not to relapse is amazing and I hope you're proud of yourself for doing so well.

For now I suggest you take a look at this list of self harm alternatives. There are a hell of a lot of different things you can try to distract your mind off the urges with so it's a bit like trial and error. Not everything is going to help you but its important that when you come across something that doesnt help, that you keep on trying; dont stop and give up because there will be something out there which helps you, its just finding it/them. I know sometims it feels like you dont want to distract yourself because you want to give into the urges but you're here posting for help which proves to me you don't really want to self harm, that you do want to beat this and get through it. And all of this doesn't just apply to the self harm but can also go for the smoking and being sober too. You're stronger than all of these things put together and you can beat it.

Talking to people can help too. You can always talk to a friend, a family member or someone in a school/college if you're in education. People can support you and I feel positive in saying, the people who love and care about you will want to help in any way they can so dont be afraid of reaching out for help and telling people you neer their support. And we're always here too. If anything is ever bothering you, you're more than welcome to talk to us about what ever the problem is.

I know this is hard but if you stay focused, work hard, be determined and dedicated you will get there and you will get through this. Right now its only been a few days but if
these feelings contiue, it might be worth seeing your doctor to talk about how you're feeling.

I hope this helps a little. Keep your chin up,
Jessie

Selfharmforummod; MentalHealthforummod;HelpLinkmentor;Blogmod;LiveHelpoperator;Depressionandsuicideforummod; Articles Team; Talent Committee

Closed Thread